Author Topic: Pacers Sunday 25th September  (Read 11196 times)

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Pacers Sunday 25th September
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2016, 07:01:55 AM »
Andy, get in touch with your insurance (BC, CTC etc) and get those pictures sent off before they try to fill the hole.

Terry, I tend to carry one of the following in a jersey pocket;
https://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/effetto-mariposa-espresso-doppio-75ml-road-p292680/s458877?gclid=COTTvMytrM8CFcUK0wodoocEIQ

Terry A

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 265
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 25th September
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2016, 08:02:55 AM »
Hey Jason - I thought you would know how to fix it. Those wheels are now in Winter storage but will get some of those cartridges - have you used them on regular tubes/tyres combo ?

It was the lack of latex solution - I reinflated the tyre and it stayed fine but I'm sure would deflate again if out riding it.

Cheers.

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Pacers Sunday 25th September
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2016, 08:57:37 AM »
I've not used it on tubes, a guy in work has put sealant in tubes before and had a little bit of success ~ I would have thought it would work best with latex tubes.

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 25th September
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2016, 09:02:32 AM »
Andy

The pros are normally back on the Turbo within 5 days. If there is an upside, it's probably the best time of year to break it!

Andy S

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 133
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 25th September
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2016, 07:43:26 AM »
Thankyou Steven
Started talking Watt Bike purchase at 5.30 this morning,the codeine let it slip out,the good wife says that proves it-cycling causes madness,I am sure that leg weight machines are also still possible to do,
I need to keep my thoughts to myself,as WW3 kicked off at that suggestion!

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Pacers Sunday 25th September
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2016, 07:56:27 AM »
Gently does it on the turbo, slowly build from there as it would be good to get your legs turning sooner rather than later, you won't need to do any serious efforts for a while.

Paul Nicholas

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 229
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 25th September
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2016, 09:26:37 PM »
All the best Andy, take it easy that can be a really painful break. I just went out walking to begin with, then got on the turbo when I felt ready. On the bright side not a bad time of year for it to happen plenty of time to build up the fitness indoors in time to smash it when the sun comes out. I got some workouts I could send to you if you like which are quite varied with out of the saddle efforts which might help you keep some strength in your arm.

Andy S

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 133
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 25th September
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2016, 10:43:03 AM »
Thankyou Terry,Jason and Paul.
Those suggestions and workouts sound good,yes please