Author Topic: 25er's Sunday Ride 18th  (Read 8242 times)

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
25er's Sunday Ride 18th
« on: September 16, 2016, 01:27:04 PM »
Who's out this weekend, weather looks OK for this time of the year. The route will depend on who turns up, if it's just me and Neil it could be as far as Greg's.

Carrie H

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 67
    • View Profile
Re: 25er's Sunday Ride 18th
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 03:50:12 PM »
Hi Ron, me & Mr H plan to be out Sunday. :)

Andrew foster

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 15
    • View Profile
Re: 25er's Sunday Ride 18th
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 06:48:55 AM »
Hi, I'm looking to get back on my bike after about 18 months is it still meet at 9am on Sunday?

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: 25er's Sunday Ride 18th
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 07:18:54 AM »
Your ears must have been burning on Friday night, we were chatting about you at club. Yes same meeting place, how fit are you?

Andrew foster

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 15
    • View Profile
Re: 25er's Sunday Ride 18th
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 08:20:48 AM »
I started back on my rollers and turbo trainner this week, it depents on how meany hills you want to go up. 

Ben

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
    • View Profile
Re: 25er's Sunday Ride 18th
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 09:58:27 AM »
I'll be out. I'd like to go off away from the coast though if that's ok? The route last weekend looked good. Still annoyed about that spoke. But I've got winter wheels on now.

Nick H

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 96
    • View Profile
Re: 25er's Sunday Ride 18th
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2016, 04:20:23 PM »
Another lovely ride today Ron - Thanks; Only a couple of hills on this one too. C & I rode just over 80k today (slight detour for tea after we split up), 950m climbed. Today's max speed 62.3km/h.


ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: 25er's Sunday Ride 18th
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2016, 04:27:04 PM »
Seven "Jelly Babies" left Brackla fairly quickly, on to Smylog, Tom's route through Coed Ely then on through Tony R, where Acme were holding their Hill climb, then on to Pontypandy, Dilys was out so we had a coffee in a very nice café in Treorci. Then over the Bwlch and home. Tim and Andrew left at Smylog, Nick, Carrie, Ben and tryout Richard joined me for the trip over the top. Max miles, more than 5, max speed about 40, I shut my eyes at 35. Nice coffee shop so will be visiting again!

Ben

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
    • View Profile
Re: 25er's Sunday Ride 18th
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2016, 07:36:09 PM »
That's where I always stop when I ride the Bwlch. I just wish I'd pressed start on my Garmin after coffee not 10miles later. That side of the Bwlch was a nice hill to ride. So was Smylog. The hill from Troes to the A48 wasn't. That was horrific. I started to cramp up half way up. At least it was only a short ride home from there.