Another good turn-out for today's mixed Pacers/Ambler's ride, despite a large contingent from the club taking part in the Welsh CA 10 TT. Fifteen riders left Brackla for an amble around the Coast and Vale. However, it was anything but an amble as the pace averaged around 18mph up to the coffee stop which left a few of the regular Amblers on the rivet. Most of the guys seemed to enjoy it though, although we may need to reconsider the group's name and the info we put on the web site. I threw in a few back lanes through Hensol Forest today, which I thought might slow things down a tad but my cunning plan simply meant that the group just got faster on the more open roads!
After coffee in Cowbridge we headed home via Nash Point, Llandow, Wick and Death Valley. The total distance was around 55 miles, although my Strava app on my mobile phone packed up after 63 kms so I'm not exactly sure of the distance. Overall an enjoyable ride in overcast but pleasantly calm conditions. Out today were:
Reece (mechanical early on - I hope it's a cheap and easy fix)
Jonathan
Terry
Tony
Harpo
Craig
Lee
Mal
Wayne (good to see you back buddy)
Neil B
Andy's Dodgy Knees - Mile muncher award today riding 161 kms
Nige
Chris R
Mark P
Dave (the Punisher) W
Next week we've got a couple of newbies riding with us, so we'll need to ride easier and stay together!! Can we do it??