Author Topic: Mid-Week rides 8/8-12/8  (Read 6820 times)

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Mid-Week rides 8/8-12/8
« on: August 07, 2016, 01:40:36 PM »
Provided weather isn't too bad I plan to be at B&Q at 9.45 for the usual ride. I know Mark plans to be there plus possibly Nick after my cajoling today!

Nick H

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 96
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides 8/8-12/8
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 02:47:05 PM »
Thanks, I'd like to join you if I may Tom, assuming that by then I've recovered from today though!

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides 8/8-12/8
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 05:22:08 PM »
I'll be there Tom and at the right lamp post! See you Tuesday.

Mark

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides 8/8-12/8
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 01:21:25 PM »
5 of us out this morning-Steve C,Mark,Mal myself and Nick making his mid-week debut!Sunny morning and (in the main)a friendly pace. Bumped into 2 slightly lost riders in the lanes and guided them safely to Café Velo!(services there now include cleaning excess oil off your equipment)
Mark and I are thinking of a ride on Friday(or possibly Thursday depending on forecast)into Cardiff Bay via Peterston,over the Barrage,Dinas Powis(coffee)and back via St Lythans,Duffryn. I will post again about that in case anyone else is out.

Nick H

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 96
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides 8/8-12/8
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 03:04:58 PM »
A good ride Tom - and thanks all for the company. The pace was indeed (mostly) friendly; but it was my gritted teeth that made it look like I was smiling at the back as we went through Ogmore,   ;)

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides 8/8-12/8
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 04:41:53 PM »
Good ride Tom I think I've found a clean yellow bidon for you PS got a niggle in my thigh so having a week off

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides 8/8-12/8
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 07:03:44 PM »
Ha-thanks Mal-hope you're recovered soon. Weather looks much of a muchness tomorrow and Friday so I think I'll stick to my intention to go out for a ride on Friday(see a few posts above).I'm flexible on leaving time but wondered about leaving here about 9. If you are still up for a ride Mark I could meet you en route-maybe Aberthin if it's better for you to park in Cowbridge?If you want to come Nick could see you in Craig Penlline? If another time is better let me know(and let me know if you will be out!!)

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides 8/8-12/8
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 07:49:23 PM »
Hi Tom,

I'll join you on Friday. I'll meet you in Aberthin at the usual junction. I'll get there at about 0930.

Mark

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides 8/8-12/8
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 09:29:41 PM »
Great Mark-see you then!

Nick H

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 96
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides 8/8-12/8
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 11:03:33 AM »
Hi Tom,

I don't think I can commit to the ride on Friday, so I'll decline the invitation on this occasion. Weather is looking promising though, so have a good ride.

Nick

Lee S

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 72
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides 8/8-12/8
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2016, 08:00:00 PM »
Hi Tom,

I've returned from my Asian travels and will join you and Mark for a ride to Cardiff Bay.
Shall I meet you 9am at Brackla Triangle?
I have finished your tour guide book and will arrange to drop it over at a convenient time.

Lee S

Mark B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 461
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides 8/8-12/8
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2016, 08:19:23 PM »
The Cardiff Bay trip would be good, but work commitments will mean I'll need to stay more local. I'm up for the normal Friday route with a quick Cafe Velo stop. I'll pop by the B&Q roundabout at 9.45 to see if there is anyone else out on the shorter route. Have fun those off to the Bay.

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides 8/8-12/8
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2016, 09:05:45 PM »
Hi Lee-sounds good-see you in the morning

Lee S

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 72
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides 8/8-12/8
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2016, 09:15:25 PM »
Ok Tom, see you tomorrow at 9. If I'm not there don't wait for me.

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides 8/8-12/8
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2016, 04:49:35 PM »
Well at 9 this morning I was thinking to myself that's strange-Lee's pretty reliable but no sign of him-I'd better go to meet Mark. Slight hitch was I was waiting at B&Q rather than the Triangle where I'd blithely said I'd see Lee who was wondering where on earth I was! I had more luck in meeting Mark and we rode through Peterston to the Taff Trail and on down to the Bay where Lo and Behold we saw Lee who had sensibly decided to ride the route in reverse. After the obvious recriminations and apologies Lee turned round and rode with us to Dinas Powis for a  coffee stop then back via St Lythans and the lanes to Cowbrige where Mark turned off. No garmin for me but 60ish miles with some nice climbs on the return route.
Apologies to Lee-I'll be paying extra attention to your posts in future!