Author Topic: Amblers Club Run - Sunday 7 August  (Read 4342 times)

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Amblers Club Run - Sunday 7 August
« on: August 05, 2016, 09:31:27 PM »
A dry, breezy day is forecast for Sunday, ideal for a few of the Vale's back lanes. The proposed route is:

Brackla - Ewenny - Post Office Hill - the Ridge - Llandow - Cowbridge - Aberthin - Water St - Welsh St Donuts - Hensol Forest - Gwern- Y-Steeple - Peterston-Super-Ely - St Brides-Super-Ely - St Fagans - Culver house Cross - Little Bwlch - St Lythans - Dyffryn Gardens - Llancarfan - Crosstown - Llancadle - St Athan - Llantwit Major - Wick - St Brides - around the Coast - Ewenny - Bridgend - Brackla

It's a little over 50 miles with a coffee stop planned for Dyffryn Gardens. See you at 0900 on Sunday.

Mark

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Club Run - Sunday 7 August
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 11:02:05 PM »
See you Sunday

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Club Run - Sunday 7 August
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 05:44:02 PM »
An enjoyable ride around the Vale today with a mixed Ambler's/Pacers group of 15 Oggies setting off from Brackla. I only just made it in time as for the second time in 4 years I managed to drive from Barry without my cycling shoes. However, as before I was saved from a wasted trip by Tony Mansell who kindly lent me his shoes, complete with the right cleats. In fact they were so comfortable I haven't returned them yet!

Today's ride took in Ewenny, Cowbridge, St Fagans, Dyffryn Gardens and the Lanes around Llantwit Major and despite the block headwind on the way home we kept to a distinctly un-Ambler's like pace. We stopped for coffee and cake at Dyffryn Gardens before cutting through the lanes to Llancarfan and Llancadle to avoid the worst of the wind before a straightforward thrash home. The nifty pace, considering the wind, had a few of the Ambler's chewing their handlebars but everyone seemed to (perversely) enjoy it, although we did manage to lose Nick and Rich somewhere near St A than, which wasn't the best birthday present for Rich Bowmer :-[. Today's ride was a shade under 50 miles, with around 2000 ft of ascent. Out today were:

Toestrap Steve
Steve 'bling bike' Chapman
Sergeant Major Harpo
Neil Poulton
Jason
Nice
Lead
Neil 'the beast' Bartlett
Andy's Dodgy Knees (plus go faster wheels)
Rich Bowmer (51 today)!
Nick Langley
Craig
Dave W
Jonathan Spinks
Mark P

Phew, that's it (I think). Next week, the Mumbles (complete with a neutralised zone - Pacers, I'm bringing a gun!

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Club Run - Sunday 7 August
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 05:47:09 PM »
PS! 'Nice' and 'Lead' in the previous post were supposed to be Nige and Lea. Auto spell check is a curse. I'd switch it off if I knew how!

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Club Run - Sunday 7 August
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 05:57:43 PM »
Thought I'd be a projected rider on my birthday  :'(

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Club Run - Sunday 7 August
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 07:58:17 AM »
Lea?
And I think you missed out Matt?

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Club Run - Sunday 7 August
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 08:46:34 AM »
Does a projected rider get pushed by the others?

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Club Run - Sunday 7 August
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2016, 09:20:31 AM »
I got Matt & Lea mixed up Rich :-[

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Club Run - Sunday 7 August
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2016, 10:53:23 PM »
Does a projected rider get pushed by the others?

I'm clearly suffering from the same  predictive text disorder as Mark!!