So now I'm beginning to understand how it all works;
Shake hands and kiss the 30 or so who turn up.
Wait while a big discussion ensues as to the route.
Take only one bottle despite there being no chance of a coffee stop and a temperature of 29 degrees at 0800.
Amuse yourself whilst they argue whilst amending the route!
Frantically try to figure out where the hell you are , using the sun, rivers and railway lines to navigate as they refuse to use anything resembling a main road.
Keep near the front as groups turn off with no warning along the route.
The most interesting thing was the lack of conversation, not with me but each other! They would happily chat to me if I initiated a conversation though. Having said all that, I still enjoyed it immensely, 66 miles in amazing countryside on smooth roads and wall to wall blue sky!