Author Topic: Bike fits  (Read 13486 times)

Chris Tasker

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Bike fits
« on: November 30, 2013, 06:23:49 AM »
Steve tells me that there are a number of riders looking for bike fits. If anyone wants fitting stick a reply on here and I'll bring the kit down on a Friday evening. I'll be there next Friday (6th) and the 13th before Christmas and then most Fridays in the New Year until about March. 

Next Friday is the Christmas party but I'm sure we can make room for a couple of bike fits if there is interest.

Chris

Andrew S

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 27
    • View Profile
Re: Bike fits
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 08:32:34 PM »
Hi Chris, I'd like you to take a look at my TT position if you can. I'll be up the club on the 24th but let me know what's best for you as I still live in Brackla and can pop up any Friday really. Thanks

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Bike fits
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 10:25:21 PM »
Your TT position on my bike I assume Andy!

Andrew S

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 27
    • View Profile
Re: Bike fits
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 10:57:21 PM »
That's right Tom although I hope the position will be reproducible on my turbo bike too;)

Chris Tasker

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: Bike fits
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 08:09:09 PM »
Andrew, can you wait a week as I'm not going to be there tomorrow?

Chris

Andrew S

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 27
    • View Profile
Re: Bike fits
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 10:31:04 PM »
Thanks Chris, next week's fine,
 as I said I'm only down the road and can pop up any time.

Gareth j yates

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Bike fits
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 07:02:44 PM »
hi Chris its Gareth we spoke a couple of weeks ago about setting my giant rapid 3 up with spds and shoes I've got them today and was wondering if you could sort them tomorrow if your down the club

thanks gareth xxx :D

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: Bike fits
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 12:15:25 PM »
If Chris is not available there will be others at club tonight to sort out your fit, do you want tools or/ a TT

Gareth j yates

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Bike fits
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 02:33:40 PM »
not sure what to bring as never done spds or cleats before got a couple of tools but not huge selection what would i need xxx

Chris Tasker

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: Bike fits
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 04:07:59 PM »
Hi Gareth, I can't make it to Club this evening but I'm certainly there next week. If you are happy to wait a week I'll sort you a bike fit or you can take Ron up in his offer of assistance.

Chris

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: Bike fits
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 04:10:33 PM »
Just bring bike, shoes, cleats and outfit to wear on bike, I will bring turbo and tools. Plenty of others there tonight, you can use the bike and fine adjust it next week.

Gareth j yates

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Bike fits
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 05:05:31 PM »
OK thank you very much see you tonight xxx

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: Bike fits
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2014, 09:20:22 AM »
Gareth, Google "shimano spd cleats fitting", lots of info for to fine tune cleats and pedals. Bike magic has a good site.

Chris Tasker

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: Bike fits
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2014, 07:41:07 PM »
Gareth, by all means bring it along next Friday if you want me to take a look for you.