Author Topic: Alternative Summer Club Run ~ Sunday 03rd July  (Read 43669 times)

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Alternative Summer Club Run ~ Sunday 03rd July
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2016, 06:25:42 AM »
I've updated the thread title with the date so let's hope for some good weather.

Mark B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 461
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative Summer Club Run ~ Sunday 03rd July
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2016, 03:42:19 PM »
I'll try and make it (I'll confirm a little closer to the time). But in case I can't make it, I have a recommendation for the stop - Usk Garden Centre has the best & biggest cakes going. Always really popular with cyclists for good reason! You go over the bridge in Usk, follow the road around to the left (for Caerleon) and it is less than a mile along on the left.

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative Summer Club Run ~ Sunday 03rd July
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2016, 03:57:22 PM »
Thanks Mark-I ride past there quite frequently but didn't know about the cakes!!

Mark B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 461
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative Summer Club Run ~ Sunday 03rd July
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2016, 08:11:30 PM »
Unfortunately I can't make it - forgot about daughter's confirmation! I'll be thinking of you all though. Have fun.

Greg B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 470
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative Summer Club Run ~ Sunday 03rd July
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2016, 09:33:54 AM »
I'm taking my daughter up to Maidenhead that day so i cant make it too unfortuantly. Would have been a good training session for the Monster too!

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative Summer Club Run ~ Sunday 03rd July
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2016, 10:43:24 AM »
The 'Monster',  that's the 'elephant in the room' at the moment.


Can't say I'm looking forward to it, at the moment! Maybe getting the miles from doing the 12 and then the alternative summer run will change things. Hope so.

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Alternative Summer Club Run ~ Sunday 03rd July
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2016, 11:33:43 AM »
I've just made a slight change to the route, out of Newport along the steel works, Magor, Caldicot and then back on to the A48.

This change sees us missing out 12 miles of the A48.

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Alternative Summer Club Run ~ Sunday 03rd July
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2016, 10:16:54 AM »
A few people have asked what the start time on Sunday will be (providing the weather holds out and it's currently looking good).

I will meet people at the L'Oreal roundabout in Talbot Green 30 minutes after the start time and I'm pretty easy on a start time to be honest.

What's the consensus for a start time from Brackla (08:00, 08:30, 09:00)?

Dave W

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 626
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative Summer Club Run ~ Sunday 03rd July
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2016, 10:46:57 AM »
9am from Brackla for me  ;D

Nige

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 601
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative Summer Club Run ~ Sunday 03rd July
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2016, 08:09:41 PM »
Would prefer an earlier start as its a long day,but will go with the flow

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative Summer Club Run ~ Sunday 03rd July
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2016, 12:41:57 PM »
If we're going all that way shouldn't we climb the 'Tumble' as well, maybe from the gnarly, steeper side?
Adds about 20kms!

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Alternative Summer Club Run ~ Sunday 03rd July
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2016, 12:48:59 PM »
Sounds like a plan (now I know the way  ;)) to me, I'll mod the route on Strava.

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Alternative Summer Club Run ~ Sunday 03rd July
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2016, 01:01:20 PM »
Was this the route up the tumble Andy?
https://www.strava.com/routes/5351746

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative Summer Club Run ~ Sunday 03rd July
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2016, 01:04:26 PM »
Yes, that's the way!

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative Summer Club Run ~ Sunday 03rd July
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2016, 01:08:28 PM »
I see Rob J is still KOM for the Oak Lane section.

I'd vote for an earlier start, 8:00am Brackla - 8:30am L'Oreal rbt