Author Topic: 25er's Sunday Ride 21st May  (Read 4645 times)

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
25er's Sunday Ride 21st May
« on: May 21, 2016, 07:39:49 AM »
Just a flat ride tomorrow, if there is such a thing in Wales, might even call in "the" café as the rest of the cycling world are playing "dodge the tack" in Gwent. So should be quiet in the Vale for a change. Who's out?

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: 25er's Sunday Ride 21st May
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 08:37:10 AM »
I think there will be very few not riding the Velothon Ron so as long as it's not wet I plan to make a guest appearance with you!

Steve H

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Re: 25er's Sunday Ride 21st May
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 08:45:58 AM »
I'll be there too. Might have to dig out the waterproofs!

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: 25er's Sunday Ride 21st May
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 01:35:04 PM »
Weather looks not too bad for Sunday. Lucky I have not taken my mudguards off yet.

Alan

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Re: 25er's Sunday Ride 21st May
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 06:50:24 PM »
Not out tomorrow as I have VIP hospitality ticket to follow the race and lunch with velothon Wales.

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: 25er's Sunday Ride 21st May
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 07:58:49 AM »
Tom that seaweed you recommended is not working and the BBC weather is not too accurate either but its May so oft we go, lucky I have mudguards!

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: 25er's Sunday Ride 21st May
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 04:52:17 PM »
That seaweed was only half an hour out, where can I get it re calibrated? Six riders left Physiques today, Tom thought there must be something else happening, so Jon, Andy, Chris, Tom, Steve and myself headed toward Miskin, Steve and I broke off at Pontyclun to take a slightly shorter and slightly slower ride to the Velo. Surprise surprise only two riders there, back to Tom's theory, did not see one rider on the way back either. Weather was improving during the ride with no rain, how did Chris manage in his Arctic bib tights, you really need to get some seaweed Chris.