Author Topic: Mid week #2 5th May  (Read 8787 times)

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Mid week #2 5th May
« on: May 05, 2016, 08:16:04 AM »
Well done for all you brave people for turning up last week, everybody else - no excuses!  1845 sign on for 1900 start...

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Re: Mid week #2 5th May
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 10:21:49 PM »
Good turnout tonight and great win for Joe Beech with a PB of 21:21!

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid week #2 5th May
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 10:28:30 PM »
Good to hear but a PB for that course? I'd have thought Joe has gone faster if he's ridden a faster course?

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Mid week #2 5th May
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 10:37:25 PM »
Course PB?

Teresa

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 924
    • View Profile
Re: Mid week #2 5th May
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 11:26:31 PM »
Not sure if Joe has ridden faster, but Chris Jones regularly does low to mid 21's

I have tried to look back and can see that since 2013 the fastest times were Chris Jones in June 2014 with a 21.13, then 21.08 in August 2014.

Would like to know what the course record is and who currently holds it. Member and non-member

norman james

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 179
    • View Profile
Re: Mid week #2 5th May
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 12:36:09 AM »
Result of Club Mid-week Club 10 miles Time trial No.2 - 5th.May 2016.

1st. Joe Beech              Onit Sports              21m.21secs.
2nd.Chris Jones            Ride Bike Wales       21m.39secs.
3rd.James Grandfield    C.A.T.I.                     21m.51secs.
4th.Mark Nott               Ogmore Valley Whs. 24m.09secs.
5th.Chris Goodwin       Ogmore Valley Whs. 24m.10secs.
6th.Steven Madeley     Ogmore Valley Whs. 24m.34secs.
7th.Andrew Storrie      Ogmore Valley Whs. 24m.42secs.
8th.Andy Harries          Ogmore Valley Whs. 24m.58secs.
9th.Dave Walters         Ogmore Valley Whs. 25m.14secs,
10th.Will John              Ogmore Valley Whs.  25m22secs.
11th.Terry Anthony     Ogmore Valley Whs.  25m 33secs.
12th.Mikhael Puar       C.A.T.I.                       26m.30secs.
13th.Greg Brett           Ogmore Valley Whs.  26m.34secs.
14th.Simon Bird           Army Cycling Union    26m 41secs.
15th.Geraint Parry       Liverpool Century      26m.54secs.
16th.Daniel McCoy       Army Cycling Union    27m. 05secs.
17th.Ben Winstanley   Momouthshire Whs.   27m.12secs.
18th.Jonathan Derham C.A.T.I.                      27m.41secs.
19th.Oliver Wood         Army Cycling Union    27m.46secs.
20th.Andy Samuels      Ogmore Valley Whs.  28m.03secs.
21st.Richard Bowmer   Ogmore Valley Whs.  28m.06secs.
22nd.James Hollis        Army Cycling Union    28m.13secs.
23rd. Nick Langley       Ogmore Valley Whs.  28m.38secs.
2-up Team Time Trial
        Charlie Grandfield = David Bees CATI   24m.07secs.

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid week #2 5th May
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 09:23:59 AM »
I seem to remember Ceri Pritchard doing a 20 a few years back but don't rely on my memory!

Joe B

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Mid week #2 5th May
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 10:19:30 AM »
Just my best on that course, I've done 20:25 on R10/17. Fastest here until now has been a 21:38 last year. This was my first 10 and my second time trial of the year so was surprised to go well!

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: Mid week #2 5th May
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 01:24:15 PM »
Well done Joe.
First time in shorts this year for me.
I'm beginning to regret the few seconds I spent sitting up and shouting at Andy Dodgy Knees that he had missed the turn...

marknott

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 178
    • View Profile
Re: Mid week #2 5th May
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 01:37:39 PM »
I regret the fact that I pulled over and had a cuppa at the turn !!!!!.... :o

Nice one Chris !!!

Cheers,


Nick Langley

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Re: Mid week #2 5th May
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 02:12:51 PM »
So after my first TT my first purchase will be some clip on tri bars. Anyone got any recommendations or any for sale?

Andy S

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 133
    • View Profile
Re: Mid week #2 5th May
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 03:20:07 PM »
Sorry Chris
I can confirm that Chris would have been a fair bit quicker without his Good Samaritan act,think I would have ended up in Barry otherwise
I wonder how much time lost on my detour?
I'll be aiming for a sub-27 maybe next week!?

Teresa

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 924
    • View Profile
Re: Mid week #2 5th May
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2016, 06:42:17 PM »
Top 5

Will get the rest of the pics on the website as soon as I can

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 06:51:22 PM by Teresa »

Teresa

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 924
    • View Profile
Re: Mid week #2 5th May
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2016, 06:57:17 PM »
Not allowed to attach too  many pics to one post  ::)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Teresa

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 924
    • View Profile
Re: Mid week #2 5th May
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2016, 06:59:26 PM »
Last one

[attachment deleted by admin]