Author Topic: C.C.Blaenau Gwent 25 m.t.t.  (Read 3541 times)

norman james

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 179
    • View Profile
C.C.Blaenau Gwent 25 m.t.t.
« on: April 28, 2016, 02:53:38 AM »
C.C.Blaenau Gwent "25" to be held on Sunday 8th.May.   Due to roadworks in Mitchell Troy, the course for this event will now be R25/7A ( Raglan - Mitchell Troy - Raglan  - Hardwick(Abergavenny) - Raglan).

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: C.C.Blaenau Gwent 25 m.t.t.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 10:50:23 AM »
The reserve course which was a shame as we had a easterly wind?
https://www.velouk.net/2016/05/09/result-cc-blaenau-gwent-50/
Only myself and Neil Poulton in this.
Nearly went home as I drove through torrential rain to get there. Was dryish by the time I started , only got rained on once which misted my visor up nicely ; had to stop to hide it in the bushes!

NeilRhys

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 110
    • View Profile
Re: C.C.Blaenau Gwent 25 m.t.t.
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 06:31:23 PM »
Good ride Chris, I had a few Visor related issues too!! I was pretty lucky with the conditions during my ride. Was actually quite lucky to be on the start line this week, I had a throat infection over the bank holiday weekend and only just felt good enough to race...one day earlier and I couldn't have done it!!

Hopefully be back up to full steam for the 10 on Saturday :-)

Neil

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: C.C.Blaenau Gwent 25 m.t.t.
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 07:03:12 PM »
This was recommended to me by a fellow rider.
http://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-oils-fluids/screenwash-de-icer/rain-x-rain-repellent-200ml
And I came across these for the first time; thought the were retro long socks!
http://www.nopinz.com/product-category/trip-socks/

NeilRhys

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 110
    • View Profile
Re: C.C.Blaenau Gwent 25 m.t.t.
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 08:50:26 PM »
Great, thanks for that...I saw a few of those trip socks around...shocked that they are £50!!! Though I guess they'll last a long time??