My Community
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
News:
SMF - Just Installed!
Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Login
Register
My Community
»
General Category
»
Club Runs
»
Pacers Club Run Sunday 3rd
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Author
Topic: Pacers Club Run Sunday 3rd (Read 4824 times)
Andy H
Hero Member
Posts: 2111
Pacers Club Run Sunday 3rd
«
on:
March 31, 2016, 01:25:36 PM »
An old favourite, out on Cardiff flats to Newport, return via Machen. option to go over Senghenydd if feeling frisky.
Advance warning I'll be 'fat boy off the back' as last month of training has been based on good food and good wine!
I'll post the route later
Logged
Andy H
Hero Member
Posts: 2111
Re: Pacers Club Run Sunday 3rd
«
Reply #1 on:
April 02, 2016, 07:55:31 AM »
Strava course for tomorrow's planned route:-
https://www.strava.com/routes/4532410
There are options if feeling 'frisky' to go over Senghenydd, (significant inc mileage) or Caerphilly mountain
Logged
xrayspecs
Hero Member
Posts: 607
Re: Pacers Club Run Sunday 3rd
«
Reply #2 on:
April 02, 2016, 08:49:22 AM »
What time do you estimate going past the macdonalds in talbot green?
Logged
Jason T
Hero Member
Posts: 590
Re: Pacers Club Run Sunday 3rd
«
Reply #3 on:
April 02, 2016, 10:54:49 AM »
I hope to meet you at The Castell Mynach Pub which will avoid two trips over the talbot green roundabout;
http://tinyurl.com/ha84w2k
http://tinyurl.com/h79x6e8
This will allow me to peel off at any point but don't wait around for me.... I'm guessing it would take about 35 mins to McDonalds and 40 odd minutes to Castell Mynach Pub.
Logged
Andy H
Hero Member
Posts: 2111
Re: Pacers Club Run Sunday 3rd
«
Reply #4 on:
April 02, 2016, 01:05:56 PM »
OK Jason, hope to see you there.
Chris, about 9:30, if we let Harpo off the leash, how about meeting at Castell Mynach pub and we'll go via Miskin, Jason's right about avoiding McDonald's roundabout !
Logged
xrayspecs
Hero Member
Posts: 607
Re: Pacers Club Run Sunday 3rd
«
Reply #5 on:
April 02, 2016, 07:29:19 PM »
OK; don't wait if I'm not there.
Logged
Paul Nicholas
Full Member
Posts: 229
Re: Pacers Club Run Sunday 3rd
«
Reply #6 on:
April 03, 2016, 03:37:43 PM »
Everyone get back OK? I assume Andy, Dave, Harpo, Paul all went back via the bypass. I went back on the old road through Church Village with Chris and Jason.
Logged
Andy H
Hero Member
Posts: 2111
Re: Pacers Club Run Sunday 3rd
«
Reply #7 on:
April 03, 2016, 04:07:36 PM »
Good to get out on the club run today, after a couple of weeks out of the saddle.
Four of us left Brackla, Paul, Haydn, Dave W and myself, aiming to meet Chris and Jason at Castell Mynach pub. My slight trepidation at a lack of fitness proved to be 'founded' as the pace was pretty hot at the start. We bumped into Paul Jenkins in Llanharan and he joined us for the ride. Pace settled slightly after joining up with Chris and Jason and we made decent progress through Cardiff, out onto the flats and through Newport. Welcome coffee stop in Machen before the last leg home. Rest didn't do me much good and I was struggling by the time we got to 'power station' hill and after 3 hours of hanging on grimly, I let the elastic go in Llantrisant. Started to cramp and just coasted home.
Everybody looked in good form and great to see Jason on the mend!
Logged
Paul Nicholas
Full Member
Posts: 229
Re: Pacers Club Run Sunday 3rd
«
Reply #8 on:
April 03, 2016, 05:03:07 PM »
Sorry about that Andy I thought the group went back on the bypass. Would have waited if I had know, I rode with Chris and Jason back to Llantrisant but couldn't see you and assumed you had gone ahead.
Logged
Andy H
Hero Member
Posts: 2111
Re: Pacers Club Run Sunday 3rd
«
Reply #9 on:
April 03, 2016, 05:08:50 PM »
Really not a problem, Harpo held back but I was happier to just take it easy getting back on my own
Logged
Paul Nicholas
Full Member
Posts: 229
Re: Pacers Club Run Sunday 3rd
«
Reply #10 on:
April 03, 2016, 07:33:18 PM »
Tidy. Best bit for me was on the flats when we got the line working well, if we can keep it up through the spring we'll be flying by the summer/velothon.
Ta
P
Logged
Jason T
Hero Member
Posts: 590
Re: Pacers Club Run Sunday 3rd
«
Reply #11 on:
April 03, 2016, 08:01:24 PM »
It was good to get out for a group ride today, thanks everyone.
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
« previous
next »
My Community
»
General Category
»
Club Runs
»
Pacers Club Run Sunday 3rd