Author Topic: Mid-Week 28/3-1/4  (Read 5270 times)

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Mid-Week 28/3-1/4
« on: March 28, 2016, 08:38:24 PM »
Sorry for the late post but the Guest Book hasn't liked me all day and wouldn't play. Anyway if the weather is ok I plan to be out tomorrow. I think Mark is planning to be out but not sure about others what with Easter etc.
Hoping to get out Thurs/Fri depending on the weather-probably making a pilgrimage to the Cardiff City Stadium to renew my Season Ticket.

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 28/3-1/4
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 11:27:11 PM »
Hi Tom,

I'll be at B&Q at 0945. See you there.

Mark

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 28/3-1/4
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 02:14:52 PM »
Much excitement on the mid-week ride this morning as we saw the long-awaited return of Chris Matthews to the mid-week group. Chris joined Mark and myself at B&Q and as expected injected a little extra pace. I had to warn him that Mark preferred to do all the work on the front himself and liked us to sprint past him just before the café after he'd done 5 or 6 uninterrupted miles of pace setting.
Mal joined us in Llantwit, his first outing since Mallorca and a chest infection. Chris paid for the coffees so we're hoping to see a lot more of him!
Tentative plans were laid for a jaunt on Friday-watch this space!

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 28/3-1/4
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 05:20:41 PM »
Is there a Friday ride?

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 28/3-1/4
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 05:34:11 PM »
Hi Chris,

I was waiting for Tom to post but I know he's planning to get out tomorrow. I definitely intend to ride, starting at 0945 from the B&Q roundabout. We usually do a steady 60km ride with a coffee stop but that's flexible.

Mark

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 28/3-1/4
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 05:41:51 PM »
I'll be at B&Q at 945; as long as the coffee stop is included!!!

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 28/3-1/4
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 05:52:11 PM »
Give me a chance Mark! I was deciding how strong I feel after going into Cardiff today-accompanied part way by Steve C but I couldn't persuade him to give up his Everton allegiance and take up a Cardiff City Season ticket.Since Chris is so keen I'll be at B&Q at 9.45 as well!

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 28/3-1/4
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 06:07:32 PM »
I ll be there to

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 28/3-1/4
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2016, 12:53:39 PM »
Good turn-out of 6 of us at B&Q this morning-Mark P,Chris G,Mal Terry and Andy S as well as me.Did usual route,Terry diverted to do a TT along Green Dragon lane and the concrete road(well it used to be)arriving at the Boverton traffic lights simultaneously with us. Met Tony at Café Velo.
A bit disappointed there weren't any April Fool pranks(or any I was aware of!) other than that good ride but we'd all like it to get a bit warmer!

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 28/3-1/4
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2016, 03:55:26 PM »
The April fool was me waiting at the wrong lamp post.
Thanks for coffee Mark Pope.

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 28/3-1/4
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2016, 05:13:10 PM »
No problem about the coffee Chris. However, standing by the wrong lamppost is a serious breach of mid-week club ride etiquette for which the punishment is usually swift and harsh! :-[  The last mid week rider to flout the unwritten lamp post rule is now teaching tennis in a girl's school in Heidelberg (the humiliation never ends......).

Mark

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 28/3-1/4
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2016, 07:50:25 PM »
I'm cycling down to Waterton tomorrow to paint the correct lamp post with hi viz paint so there can be no excuses in future