Author Topic: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3  (Read 8801 times)

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
« on: February 29, 2016, 10:58:12 AM »
My plan is to go out tomorrow and Thursday this week (I can't do Friday) but there is a bit of a question mark over the weather tomorrow morning. Presently wet early but drying up-the question is when? Let's keep an eye on the forecast.

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 07:05:35 PM »
May have to go out a bit later tomorrow-I'll see what the morning brings

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 07:12:56 PM »
I agree Tom, early afternoon may be best for tomorrow's ride.

Carrie Williams

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 100
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 07:36:59 AM »
I can't do today but am ok for Thursday so will keep an eye on the guestbook.

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 05:04:20 PM »
I managed a dry but wind swept couple of hours earlier today. Looking a bit more promising for Thursday-so far Carrie&Paul L due to be out-don't mind the route but hoping it will involve a lot of(birthday)cake!

Carrie Williams

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 100
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 09:40:23 AM »
Hi Tom,
Only a suggestion but as it's your birthday, we could do a ride through the lanes to Llanerch Vineyard but I'm not sure about their range of cakes! If all else fails then Cafe Aroma in Cowbridge has a great choice of cakes which is not that much further on.

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 10:24:47 AM »
Sounds a good plan to me Carrie-I think Mal will be out-what does Paul think?

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 04:49:23 PM »
Yes I plan to be out tomorrow just post time on here but can't make it much before 9.45 thanks

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2016, 05:00:00 PM »
Thanks Mal-how about 9.45 at B&Q-Carrie can meet there or en route ?Paul?Anyone else(you won't be forced to sing Happy Birthday!)

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2016, 08:47:55 PM »
Ok 9.45 at BQ  cheers

Paul Longthorn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 330
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2016, 10:23:15 PM »
Hi All, I'll fall in with any plans. See you at B&Q Roundabout 9:45

Carrie Williams

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 100
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2016, 07:22:50 AM »
I will aim to be at B&Q at 9.45 but if not then will see you in the lanes.

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2016, 03:35:19 PM »
Big turn out today-I think the weather rather than my birthday was the draw! Carrie,Mal,Neil,Steve C Paul and Terry as well as myself. We followed Carrie's suggestion, not a long ride but a few hills! We stopped at the posh(for us) Llanerch Vineyard-they let us in no problem!. Thanks to Mal for the coffee and to Steve for the cake! We made our way back to Aberthin after which  we gradually split up depending on what time people needed to get back(or in one case how much cake they'd eaten!)
I can't get out tomorrow but back to normal next week.

Terry A

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 265
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2016, 04:07:30 PM »
Good ride today - nice to do an amended route (thanks Carrie) and good riding from the Birthday Boy. Tom - you are going to fly once you change from that beast of a bike of yours !!

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2016, 05:27:27 PM »
Anyone out tomorrow morning? The weather looks good 8). I'm hoping to do a few steady miles before Sunday's RR3 flogging!