Author Topic: Mid-Week 18/1-22/1  (Read 8802 times)

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Mid-Week 18/1-22/1
« on: January 18, 2016, 04:48:43 PM »
Well last week was pretty hopeless thanks to the Weather! I am going to see how icy it is tomorrow-I may go out later than normal if there is any ice-will post here.
I am ok for Thursday and/or Friday though when the forecast is a lot milder alveit possibly also wetter!
Post here if you have any plans!

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 18/1-22/1
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 05:16:05 PM »
Will be there tommorw if not too cold can make it a bit later if necessary

Carrie Williams

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 100
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 18/1-22/1
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 10:13:05 PM »
I'm hoping to ride and will check tomorrow morning to see what the plans are.

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 18/1-22/1
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 08:38:51 AM »
Thanks for your replies Mal and Carrie.I've had a good examination of my decking(my ice yardstick!!)There is a frost(just done the car windows!)but not so bad as it has been.May be ok at 9.45 but out of an abundance of caution I plan to go out at 10.30.If this is too late for you I can come straight to Llantwit and meet you there(or en route somewhere)-I don't mind if I do a bit less today as hoping to get out on Thursday and Friday.Let me know or text-I think you both have my number(same goes of course for anyone else coming out)

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 18/1-22/1
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 08:40:58 AM »
I ll see you at BQ at 10.30 Tom

Carrie Williams

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 100
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 18/1-22/1
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 08:58:24 AM »
I will go out earlier because I need to get back by lunchtime but will see you at Cafe Velo for coffee around 11.45 ish.

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 18/1-22/1
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 08:59:28 AM »
Thanks both-see you later!

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 18/1-22/1
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 03:14:42 PM »
Delayed start probably wise as there was a bit of ice about. Mal and I met Carrie as planned in Llantwit.Cold but exhilarating today!
Carrie and I(and hopefully Mal plus others)are targeting Thursday and/or Friday for further instalments this week(as ever subject to the weather!!)

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 18/1-22/1
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 10:10:58 PM »
I'm keeping an eye on the weather for tomorrow-seems to be icy at first then wet!!I may fill my time first thing by fixing the puncture I got on Tuesday! Friday no ice problem but may be wet at first-I definitely plan to get out sometime on Friday though!

Mark B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 461
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 18/1-22/1
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 09:19:35 AM »
Tom, I will be out 2morrow. Might be better to have an hour delay to the start so that we miss the worst of the rain. But I'll be out whatever time is agreed. See you tomorrow.

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 18/1-22/1
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 02:48:29 PM »
Hi Mark-yes I had a text from Carrie to much the same effect-plan to get out but maybe a bit later than normal. Let's wait a bit and see what the later weather forecast is then I'll post again. Should see you tomorrow!

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 18/1-22/1
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2016, 04:33:48 PM »
I should be out tomorrow but need to get back by about 1 pm so may take a shorter route to llantwit and meet you there

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 18/1-22/1
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2016, 10:10:42 PM »
Still showing rain till 10ish so I'm thinking in terms of meeting 10.30 as we did on Tuesday?Subject to looking out of the window in the morning of course!

Mark B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 461
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 18/1-22/1
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2016, 07:18:39 AM »
The BBC shows rain passing after 10am, but Rain Today is showing a band of rain about to hit us any time soon but passing after about an hour, so it may clear slightly earlier. 10.30 would therefore look good. I'll check back here before leaving, otherwise see you at 10.30.

Paul Longthorn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 330
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week 18/1-22/1
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2016, 07:21:25 AM »
I'll be there 10:30 I'll watch this space.