My Community
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
News:
SMF - Just Installed!
Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Login
Register
My Community
»
General Category
»
Club Runs
»
Amblers 17th jan
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Author
Topic: Amblers 17th jan (Read 7283 times)
mal jones
Sr. Member
Posts: 458
Amblers 17th jan
«
on:
January 16, 2016, 06:25:52 PM »
Any amblers out at 9.30 if not may go out a bit later
Logged
Nick Langley
Full Member
Posts: 200
Re: Amblers 17th jan
«
Reply #1 on:
January 16, 2016, 11:14:22 PM »
Mal, great to meet you the other night. Hopefully I'll be there at 0930 as long as it's not too icy. If it is icy, I'd be quite happy to join you later on as I'll be heading out anyway?
Logged
Tony M
Sr. Member
Posts: 251
Re: Amblers 17th jan
«
Reply #2 on:
January 16, 2016, 11:14:32 PM »
Not sure yet, it depends on the ice
Logged
mal jones
Sr. Member
Posts: 458
Re: Amblers 17th jan
«
Reply #3 on:
January 17, 2016, 08:35:32 AM »
Seems ok so I ll be there 9.30
Logged
RichardB
Hero Member
Posts: 1387
Re: Amblers 17th jan
«
Reply #4 on:
January 17, 2016, 08:47:38 AM »
Forecast is ok so I'll be there.
Logged
Tony M
Sr. Member
Posts: 251
Re: Amblers 17th jan
«
Reply #5 on:
January 17, 2016, 02:20:46 PM »
7 amblers ( Pacer chasers
) started out. Coastal route to Southerndown, Llantwit Major ( Ron and new chap pealed off ) around the camp at St Athan, Rhoose around the airport then back along the main road to Llantwit for a coffee stop at café Velo. Well deserved after a chain gang effort all the way back from Rhoose to Llantwit. Definitely required to catch Malcolm after his break away.
Out today were
Tony
Chris
Richard
Ron
Malcolm
Andy
and one new chap. sorry didn't catch your name.
Just over 50 miles for me and a good pace. Considering the damp misty conditions, it turned out to be an enjoyable ride.
Logged
Tom
Hero Member
Posts: 1578
Re: Amblers 17th jan
«
Reply #6 on:
January 17, 2016, 03:27:59 PM »
Just missed you in Café Velo(or so I'm told!)
Logged
Tom
Hero Member
Posts: 1578
Re: Amblers 17th jan
«
Reply #7 on:
January 17, 2016, 03:32:25 PM »
Oh!And the exciting news is the short stretch of road from the junction in Ewenny(turning to Southerndown) to under the railway bridge(opposite the bus stop where the Saturday ride used to start)which was a contender for worst road surface in the Vale has been re-surfaced!!Hooray for the Council!!
Logged
mal jones
Sr. Member
Posts: 458
Re: Amblers 17th jan
«
Reply #8 on:
January 17, 2016, 03:53:48 PM »
Good ride Tony I only pressed on to llantwit because I thought I'd be dropped and I could smell the coffee - and thanks for that Tony my shout next week
Logged
harpo
Hero Member
Posts: 624
Re: Amblers 17th jan
«
Reply #9 on:
January 17, 2016, 04:03:38 PM »
Tony bought coffee, that's a first!
Logged
ron b
Hero Member
Posts: 1253
Re: Amblers 17th jan
«
Reply #10 on:
January 17, 2016, 06:32:55 PM »
Little bit too much for me today after the Christmas colds, Nick is the missing link, he came back with me, his father was in PTW in the 70/80's, did TT's. Tom, just the rest of Wales to Tarmac now.
Logged
Nick Langley
Full Member
Posts: 200
Re: Amblers 17th jan
«
Reply #11 on:
January 17, 2016, 07:14:23 PM »
Hi, new chap here 😀 Thanks for the ride today guys, really enjoyed it and will definitely be back for more. Just hope I can stick with the pace a little longer next time and build from there. My Dad is called Colin Langley, some of the 'less young' chaps might have known him back in the day. Hopefully see you again next week
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
« previous
next »
My Community
»
General Category
»
Club Runs
»
Amblers 17th jan