Author Topic: Mid-Week rides 11/1-15/1  (Read 9072 times)

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Mid-Week rides 11/1-15/1
« on: January 11, 2016, 06:35:01 PM »
Apologies if you've been waitng for this post(who am I kidding?)but I've only just been able to firm up my plans for the week.I can't get out tomorrow(meeting my striking daughter after her picketing duties!)but hope to get out on Thursday or Friday-elements permitting!

Carrie Williams

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 100
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides 11/1-15/1
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 07:31:45 PM »
Weather permitting, I am ok for Friday. I'm hoping to be out tomorrow but may have to join
en route.

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides 11/1-15/1
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 07:50:20 PM »
I can't get out till end of week so let me know tom cheers mal

Tony M

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 251
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides 11/1-15/1
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 08:31:56 PM »
Hopefully Friday for me ::)

Mark B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 461
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides 11/1-15/1
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 01:39:59 PM »
I'll be out tomorrow. See you all at 9.45.

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides 11/1-15/1
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 10:17:31 PM »
As you all know I'm a very cautious rider, especially where ice is concerned.I may go out later if it is very icy.

Carrie Williams

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 100
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides 11/1-15/1
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 08:25:26 AM »
Having just done the school run (icy lanes) and in view of my painful fall on Wednesday I'm playing safe but hoping to be out on Tuesday.

Terry A

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 265
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides 11/1-15/1
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 08:35:18 AM »
Tony & I were planning to join you but our road is sheet ice & I guess the lanes will be similar - so, we will give it a miss. A week without toasted fruit loaf is a poor show.   :'(

Terry

Mark B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 461
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides 11/1-15/1
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 08:51:21 AM »
I'll still be there,but won't tAke much persuading to stick to main roads

Tony M

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 251
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides 11/1-15/1
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 09:22:36 AM »
My good lady fell getting into the car this morning as sheet ice on road. I was banned from the early run. Makes sense not risking anything with majorca looming rapidly. Hope to ride later in the day or the turbo.

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides 11/1-15/1
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 09:46:37 AM »
Fell on ice twice while walking dog up cycle path so it's a no go for me

Mark B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 461
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides 11/1-15/1
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 01:30:00 PM »
I did get out, but stuck to the main roads. Cold but ice free. Lots of ice visible in roadside puddles though. In my defence, after 3 weeks of holiday and then man flu, I was desperate to do a half decent ride, otherwise I may have been more easily persuaded :-)

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides 11/1-15/1
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 02:18:23 PM »
Too much ice on the roads today even for a MTB, looks to be in for the weekend so check on the "Club Run" site for updates. Looks like a few days on the TT. Sorry to hear you fell off Carrie.

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides 11/1-15/1
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2016, 10:14:06 PM »
I got about 20 yards this morning on my commute before it being apparant that cycling was suicidal. Got off bike and walked the 20 yards back to house. Passed cyclist heading out of my street and told him he was brave. He rose his eyebrows as if to say no choice. Approx 20 yards on I watched him hit the deck right where I decided against riding to work, sliding into the middle of a main road. I dropped the bike off back at my house and headed back out for the very short walk to the bus stop. I slipped over on route to bus stop and felt for the first time ever that I was on about the best form of transport being on a bus this morning! Bus passed the poor fella I saw fall, now pushing his bike along the footway!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 10:16:54 PM by Rob Jones »