Author Topic: Mid-week rides 4th-8th Jan  (Read 7031 times)

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Mid-week rides 4th-8th Jan
« on: January 04, 2016, 02:13:06 PM »
I'm afraid the weather forecast isn't brilliant for the morning.If it is dry(ish)I plan to go out-9.45 at B&Q/Starbucks.Not sure who else may be around this week-let me know if you plan to get out.The only other day I can do this week is Thursday.

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-week rides 4th-8th Jan
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 04:27:48 PM »
I ll check the forecast tonight Tom didn't get out yesterday too wet for me . Will the lanes in penllyn  be passable ???

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-week rides 4th-8th Jan
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 05:08:03 PM »
Yes I'll see in the morning Mal-they were wet but ok yesterday-depends on the weather!

Carrie Williams

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 100
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-week rides 4th-8th Jan
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 10:19:27 PM »
Looking at the weather forecast, I think it's unlikely I'll be out but will check tomorrow just in case there is any change.


mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-week rides 4th-8th Jan
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 08:44:07 AM »
Running late may meet you in cafe velo later

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-week rides 4th-8th Jan
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 01:23:55 PM »
Not entirely surprised to find it was o sole mio oggi! Ironically the main issue I had with the weather was being dazzled by the sun although the lanes were a bit wet in places it wasn't too bad(Llansanor was the worst).I popped into the café Mal but not even Dave was there(I think he'd popped next door).
I'm hoping to get out on Thursday but once again the forecast isn't too promising!

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-week rides 4th-8th Jan
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 03:51:38 PM »
I ll try for thurs the latest forecast doesn't look to bad Tom

Tony M

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 251
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-week rides 4th-8th Jan
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 06:31:53 PM »
I might make Thursday as well☺

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-week rides 4th-8th Jan
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 07:02:23 PM »
Thanks both-let's keep an eye on the weather-I can be flexible on time-earlier or later to suit!

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-week rides 4th-8th Jan
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 06:59:25 PM »
Weather looks ok tommorow I can make 9.45 or a bit later just hope my back which has been giving me a few probs is ok

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-week rides 4th-8th Jan
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 07:15:11 PM »
The latest BBC weather gives showers till about 10 Mal-how about meeting at B&Q/Starbucks at 10-we can vary the route a bit for variety+if the lanes are waterlogged! Let me know if that's no good for you otherwise I'll be there at 10!

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-week rides 4th-8th Jan
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2016, 07:48:58 PM »
Weather looks ok I can be at BQ at 9.45 or a bit later- been having a bit of back prob but hopefully a bit better by tommorow

Tony M

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 251
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-week rides 4th-8th Jan
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2016, 10:45:19 PM »
I can do either, just post when decided :)

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-week rides 4th-8th Jan
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2016, 07:39:28 AM »
I'll be there for 10_i told Mark Cooke  that so better stick to it

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-week rides 4th-8th Jan
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2016, 02:54:26 PM »
Tony,Terry Mal and I met up this morning and set off on the usual route but anti-clockwise for a change.I suggested a café stop at Costa in Cowbridge but Tony was loath to forego his toast in Llantwit so we split into 2 pairs passing in opposite directions a bit later as we went round the camp!Mal was disappointed with my performance on the brackla Harriers quiz questions he brought along but still bought the coffees.We avoided the worst of the flooded lanes and got back without mishap!