Author Topic: Pacers Sunday 3rd January  (Read 3116 times)

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Pacers Sunday 3rd January
« on: January 02, 2016, 09:41:33 AM »
Wet and windy, proposed route not straying too far from home.

Easy warm up, mid section into the wind, tail wind after coffee stop, (velo or Cowbridge), home!

https://www.strava.com/routes/3866836

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 3rd January
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 03:29:40 PM »
Six riders out, all surprised to find others riders out!
Was wet and windy as forecast, water up to the cranks at times but good ride and decent pace!
Note to self 'avoid Park slip and New Rd', in the rain'.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 05:59:27 PM by Andy H »

wardhaugh

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 3rd January
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 03:51:38 PM »
The Llancadle road was pretty bad.

Sorry I couldn't join you, but you were all fairly tamkimg along when I saw you at Aberthin - I'd have been out the back I think.

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 3rd January
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 08:15:07 PM »

It was, without question the wettest ride I've ever been on, with water regularly over the rims and sometimes over the bottom bracket.  Nevertheless, it did not slow us down with John, Haydn and Andy 'The Animal' Harries more than happy to share the pace.  A welcome stop at Cafe Velo and then I struggled all the more, even dropping my bottle at one point to slow us down.  57miles at 18+mph, memorable!

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 3rd January
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 10:28:08 PM »
Felt good today,got to go with the flow, (excuse the watery pun) when that happens!

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Pacers Sunday 3rd January
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 11:48:48 AM »