Author Topic: Pacers Sunday 27th December  (Read 4069 times)

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Pacers Sunday 27th December
« on: December 25, 2015, 05:49:21 PM »
So, Christmas is all over and done with, sat at home with nothing to do, then get rid of that Boxing day hangover (yes you Harpo!) with an essentially flat 60 miler along Cardiff/Newport flats and back via Machen and Caerphilly. Coffee stop in Costa in Caerphilly, all done at a leisurely chatting pace. (If you believe that then Santa Claus is real too!!)  :
See you Sunday all dressed up in your new Castelli Gabba Christmas presents!
Ho, Ho, Ho!

https://connect.garmin.com/course/8199267

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 27th December
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 08:13:42 PM »
What's your ETA for passing Maerdy Rd on Wentloog Rd Andy? I think you'll have a tailwind of sorts but probably nothing like todays! I may join you for a few hours and the coffee if weather is as forecast.

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 27th December
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 08:34:43 PM »
It's about 24 miles, so I guess about 11:00 allowing for slow progress through Cardiff! Depends on whether we have John and Harpo setting the pace.  :)

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 27th December
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 03:05:25 PM »
5 pacers left Brackla, picked one up at Coychurch dropped one off at St Fagans. Decent pace to Cardiff where the traffic and lights were on our side, pace increased along the flats causing the odd split, which was magnified after the coffee stop in Caerphilly. John, Paul and I cracked on while Greg had a more sociable ride home with Dave W.

Grim weather, great ride!

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 27th December
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 03:14:28 PM »
How on earth did I miss the ogmore train

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 27th December
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2015, 03:54:08 PM »
We were early, wasn't the weather to hang around, sorry!   :-[

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 27th December
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2015, 04:37:58 PM »
No need to apologise, was only an ETA. Bit unlucky as I was toodling around from just after 10 and thought I had an infallible plan that involved riding the coastal road towards you from Newport direction. I guess if you were 10mins+ ahead of schedule though, I may have still been out on the parallel lanes whilst you sneaked through. There are some surprisingly nice lanes between the A48 and old coast road, and they hold up well in the wet weather too. Even a year on since moving here still found a new section today. It's very Paris Roubaix and amazingly direct.

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 27th December
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 04:51:08 PM »
I was half expecting to see you along that section, ce la vie!