Author Topic: Amblers Club Run - Sunday 25 Oct  (Read 6049 times)

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Amblers Club Run - Sunday 25 Oct
« on: October 23, 2015, 02:54:42 PM »
Unfortunately I'm working this Sunday (and next) :(, so I won't be out until the 8th of November. Hopefully one of the 'old sweats' will post a route.

Mark

Teresa

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 924
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Club Run - Sunday 25 Oct
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 05:40:44 PM »
Don't forget to set your clocks before bedtime on Saturday  -  End of BST  :'(

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Club Run - Sunday 25 Oct
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 06:32:42 PM »
I thought for one minute that you had found your hidden Lycra and heading out.

Lee S

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 72
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Club Run - Sunday 25 Oct
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 08:34:32 PM »
Due to Mark's absence, I propose the following route and am open to alternative routes/suggestions :-

Brackla - Coychurch - Penceod - Brynna - Llantrisant - Church Village - Tonteg - Power Station Hill (descent) - Upper Boat - (Option of a loop around Caerphilly Castle up Nantgarw hill with coffee stop on top of Caerphilly Mountain) - Taffs Well - Radyr - Fairwater - St Brides Super-Ely - Gwern-Y-Steeple - Welsh St Donuts - Aberthin - Cowbridge - Llandow - Post Office Hill - Ewenny - Brackla.

Should be around 50-55 miles and weather forecast is cloudy and dry.

All welcome see you Sunday 9am (don't forget to put the clocks back an hour!)

Lee

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Club Run - Sunday 25 Oct
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 10:24:21 PM »
Looks a good route Lee. I'm limited to the turbo for a couple of weeks. Enjoy your ride.

Mark

Lee S

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 72
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Club Run - Sunday 25 Oct
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2015, 03:26:09 PM »
Thanks Mark, we had an enjoyable ride today. There were 9 Amblers and 1 Pacer who was doing most of the hard donkey work at the front. We headed out through Coychurch, Pencoed, Llantrisant, Church Village and down Power Station Hill. Through Treforest Ind Est, Taffs Well and the majority of us decided to skip the loop around Caerphilly Castle and headed onto Radyr, where we passed a fresh faced Team Sky rider - Geraint Thomas cycling in the opposite direction, fresh from his honeymoon in Hawaii. The route took us through Peterstone-Super-Ely, Pendoylan and onto Costa Coffee in Cowbridge for tea and cake. After the break it was nice of G Thomas to ride with us even if it as for only 10 yards from the back of Costa to the main road junction! We returned home via Llantwit Major, St Donats, St Brides, Southerndown & Ogmore-by-Sea. The total distance today was around 54 miles at an average speed of just under 17mph with only a slight breeze in places. Out today were:

Craig McDonald
Neil Bartlett
Tony M
Terry
Steve Chapman
Mal (turned off at Pentyrch)
Jonathan Spink
Chris Reed
Roy 2
Lee S

I can't make it next week.

Lee

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Club Run - Sunday 25 Oct
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2015, 03:40:37 PM »
Sorry to miss you today Lee(et al).Despite planning an extra hour in bed I found I was up at 7(old time)and thought I may as well go out.Did a similar route but an hour and a half earlier(with no coffee stop!)

craig m

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 84
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Club Run - Sunday 25 Oct
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2015, 07:22:17 PM »
Thanks for organising the ride today Lee.
A nice varied route, some hills, great weather and 'G' at the coffee stop!
Enjoyed
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 02:04:31 PM by craig m »

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Club Run - Sunday 25 Oct
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2015, 08:21:56 PM »
I'm sorry I turned off now and missed G never mind I think I saw Nibali pass me in Miskin had to get back to priory ave by 11.30

Lee S

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 72
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Club Run - Sunday 25 Oct
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2015, 08:58:35 PM »
No problem Craig, it was work in progress and thanks for the tow! Sorry I misspelt your surname and left the 'a' out.

Nevermind Mal hopefully you'll see G next time and offer to swap jerseys! Glad you got back ok.

I did ask at the start where Tom was but obviously you were more keen than the rest of us to get out nice and early to take full advantage of your extra hour!