I've cut and pasted what Davey wrote last year as winter chain gang is his creation.
Hi all, it may be hard to believe given the warm weather but it's that time of year again - the start of the winter chaingang!
Last year they were very successful and those that attended got a real boost from the regular ride both in terms of fitness and skills. I'm hoping to encourage a few more this winter.
The rules are simple - no time posted here to discourage it turning into a race and the object is for everyone to get round at a tempo pace, with racing not due to start for many months the object is to just keep the fitness ticking over and get you out in the dark cold winter months.
No kicking through, no last lap smash ups and no smashing it to bits on the front.
I may split the group up depending on abilities and numbers.
I'll post ; and try to make it when possible.