Author Topic: Roadmans Night Out. Thursday 8th October. The Star. Wick  (Read 7233 times)

traine

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 254
    • View Profile
Roadmans Night Out. Thursday 8th October. The Star. Wick
« on: September 08, 2015, 09:40:49 PM »
Here's a chance to relax with your mates and yarn about the season just gone

With a menu ranging from snack to steak and including both pasta and faggots (I guess in the same dish with jam if that's what you like) the pub has tidy beer and a friendly staff. We are there after the last Thursday TT.

The format is informal, eat or not eat, and if you have retro cycling kit , usually just jerseys and mass start hats with sunglasses, then please sport them. I will try to get hold of a flag , poster etc. Anyone with stuff like that to hang on the wall would be welcome to do so.

The tables are booked for 7.30 and I expect to be there at 7. If you have much loved but no longer wanted cycling memorabilia which might be suitable a a prize for the four persons who won the penultimate Thursday night TT called 'What do you think you're on - Speed Competition' then please bring that along too.

I'm looking forward to it already

Tim

« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 04:44:22 PM by Teresa »

traine

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 254
    • View Profile
Re: Roadmans Night Out. Thursday 8th October. The Star. Wick
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 10:56:04 AM »
Only got one prize promised so far for the night.

If you are unable to come along and you have some much loved but no longer wanted cycling memorabilia (spelt j-u-n-k) you would like to give as a prize to either myself, Steven Madeley, Steve Landeg or you favourite fundraiser Keith Barrat, then bring it along to any club night before then with a little bit of the history attached to it so that it can be presented on the night.

I think I will go for the faggots and gravy again !

Tim

traine

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 254
    • View Profile
Re: Roadmans Night Out. Thursday 8th October. The Star. Wick
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 02:04:33 PM »
OK. Now found prizes for Stev Landeg, Steven Madeley and Keith Barret. Not one for me yet but I could recycle one unclaimed one from Teresa from last year. That's what we do _ recycle !
Looking forward to a pint and the food. Shame I cannot arrange a lift but I am willing to offer one to Steven and Carol Madeley and to Keith and whichever partner he chooses.
See you all there with friends or spice (plural for spouses)
Tim
PS don't forget your retro kit. I have a few spare bits I will bring, and a flag !

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: Roadmans Night Out. Thursday 8th October. The Star. Wick
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 07:31:37 PM »
I hope you have a great night Tim. Unfortunately I'm working in Oxford this Wednesday to Friday so I won't be there. I hope you get a good turnout.

Mark

Teresa

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 924
    • View Profile
Re: Roadmans Night Out. Thursday 8th October. The Star. Wick
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 08:02:54 PM »
I will be there.  Looking forward to checking out the Star - not been there before.

Toestrapsteve

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Re: Roadmans Night Out. Thursday 8th October. The Star. Wick
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 09:07:46 PM »
By a cruel twist of fate I shall not be able to attend a club event less than 100 yds from my front door.
I promise to wear retro cycling gear to dinner at the conference I'm attending in Llan'dod though.
Have a good time all.

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: Roadmans Night Out. Thursday 8th October. The Star. Wick
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 07:13:32 PM »
Because of the cancellation of the Turbo Mans night out I will now be attending the Lycra Boys evening at the Star. Managed to find the Star in Treos on Google Map, bring on the chips

Teresa

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 924
    • View Profile
Re: Roadmans Night Out. Thursday 8th October. The Star. Wick
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 08:06:59 PM »
If you go to Treos, you will be eating chips on your own.   Try Wick

Tony M

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 251
    • View Profile
Re: Roadmans Night Out. Thursday 8th October. The Star. Wick
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2015, 05:53:51 PM »
I will bring Bradley wiggins  8) see you there.

Teresa

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 924
    • View Profile
Re: Roadmans Night Out. Thursday 8th October. The Star. Wick
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 11:34:37 PM »
Nice friendly gathering tonight.

Would recommend the food at the Star.

traine

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 254
    • View Profile
Re: Roadmans Night Out. Thursday 8th October. The Star. Wick
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2015, 07:51:24 PM »
Great fun. Brad found a new lover ( I hope we can prise them apart in 2016), Norman would have won best dressed 1965 Roadmans Prize (if there had been one ) and I enjoyed a car free night because Allan and Mary very kindly picked me up.

I hope the many prizes were appreciated ! ! ! My paperclip model of a shopping bike with basket on the front will have pride of place on the Christmas tree as an ornament when I put it up next week and I am sure Steve Landeg will enjoy his DVD and book ! !

We had 16 people there so it was good crack. Included in that number were our new Performance Coach Steven (59 Club) and his lovely wife Carol whom he has lost to Brad ! That woolly knight of the realm in Oggy blue.

Cheers folks

Tim