Author Topic: Social. Visit to National Cycle Collection 2nd November  (Read 6047 times)

traine

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 254
    • View Profile
Social. Visit to National Cycle Collection 2nd November
« on: October 18, 2013, 10:48:38 AM »
Llandrindod Wells. National Cycle Museum.

The volunteers at the Cycle Collection will come in on Saturday 2nd November (the AGM is on the Friday before) if we can get up a decent party to visit.

I am pretty sure that, by car sharing, we can get at least 10.

Please look at the website for the museum and come back here to give me your numbers.

We went last year and had a very interesting few hours, they now have some new entries so it is worth returning.

They will open at 10.00 am and will stay until 1.00pm so we have a good window of opportunity there.

I commend it to you for the half term for the kids !

Tim

Teresa

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 924
    • View Profile
Re: Social. Visit to National Cycle Collection 2nd November
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 03:03:20 PM »
Please could you pencil me in for the trip and possibly a lift too?

Museum's website is    http://www.cyclemuseum.org.uk/

traine

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 254
    • View Profile
Re: Social. Visit to National Cycle Collection 2nd November
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 07:42:00 PM »
Teresa. Will do.

Anyone else ?

Tim

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Social. Visit to National Cycle Collection 2nd November
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 07:13:55 PM »
Sorry Tim, can't make this date, working.

traine

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 254
    • View Profile
Re: Social. Visit to National Cycle Collection 2nd November
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 07:17:36 PM »
All

Norman cannot make the 2nd November so I am going to change the date to Saturday the 9th if I can. I will report shortly.

Does this make a difference to you Tom ?

I shall be driving and can take 4 people with me, Teresa is booked in so is there anyone else ? Keith will come if he is allowed to lay his hands on the exhibits, more on this shortly.

10 people in three cars would be ideal

Tim

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Social. Visit to National Cycle Collection 2nd November
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 07:44:34 PM »
Hi Tim
Only just caught up with this thread-I was on holiday when you posted for me earlier.I'm afraid I'm hoping to be at Aston Villa on the 9th!As you can tell generally speaking weekdays are better for me-unlike everyone else!Why don't you join our quiz team Tim?

traine

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 254
    • View Profile
Re: Social. Visit to National Cycle Collection 2nd November
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 07:40:11 PM »
All

In anticipation of us going on the 2nd November Freda has booked in some other parties too. She does not think there is now anyone to volunteer for the 9th November. I guess I am back where I started now. I can only conclude that;

1) If anyone wants to go on 2nd November the Museum is open 10.00am to 1.00pm. It sounds great for a half term visit for a family. I will not go on that date neither will Norman, Lynne, Mary or Alan or Vince and his wife. Because they are without a lift neither will Keith (unless he can persuade his daughter to take him ) and Teresa is also without a lift.

2) I will try to arrange to either go on a later weekend or, perhaps during the week when the Museum is normally open.

Regards

Tim