I knew I should have gone out yesterday!! Well the weather forecast accurately lived down to expectations today as it was very wet, wild and windy. Not surprisingly only 5 hardy souls set off from Brackla this morning for a shortened version of the planned route. Instead of taking in the Vale, we headed straight for the Broomwagon Cafe in Porthcawl and had the earliest coffee stop ever after only 35 minutes of riding. Tom had the best planned puncture ever, right outside a cycling themed cafe complete with track pump and inner tubes, before we carried on around Kenfig, Margam and back to Tondu through the lanes and across the common to Pencoed and home.
The ride was more enjoyable than looked likely at 9am and we did miss the monsoon that started just as I was getting home. Out today were:
Tom
Craig
Mal
Chris R
Mark P
We were all impressed with The Broomwagon Cafe, although we didn't get to try the cake as we hadn't ridden far enough to deserve any! Total distance today was 37 miles, mostly ridden at chatting speed. To complete the set I've booked sleet and snow for next Sunday.
Mark