My Community
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
News:
SMF - Just Installed!
Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Login
Register
My Community
»
General Category
»
Club Runs
»
Mid-Week rides(and a disclaimer)
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Author
Topic: Mid-Week rides(and a disclaimer) (Read 4761 times)
Tom
Hero Member
Posts: 1578
Mid-Week rides(and a disclaimer)
«
on:
July 21, 2015, 10:24:42 PM »
I'm back in the UK for the next few weeks and planning to get into the mid-week groove again although I know most regulars will be tied up with school hols etc.I'm planning to get out for a few hours on Friday IF the weather is ok.Thinking of Coity Common,Llangeinor,Bwllch&back via Maesteg-about 21/2 hrs BUT it will be very slow!And on that note
I wish to put on record that I am riding'clean'despite the scepticism of certain seasoned club members who do not believe the type of performance I'm likely to achieve can be done without chemical assistance-probably rohyponol or similar sedative.What these sceptics don't see is what goes on behind the scenes-the weeks of dedicated lack of training and(especially)the long hours spent in bars and restaurants over the past month.I hope that settles any speculation
Logged
Steven
Hero Member
Posts: 1493
Re: Mid-Week rides(and a disclaimer)
«
Reply #1 on:
July 21, 2015, 11:58:11 PM »
I won't be convinced unless you post your data here....
Logged
ron b
Hero Member
Posts: 1253
Re: Mid-Week rides(and a disclaimer)
«
Reply #2 on:
July 22, 2015, 08:36:57 PM »
Been taking the wrong pills again Tom? You have missed the good weather since you have been wandering, may see you Friday.
Logged
ron b
Hero Member
Posts: 1253
Re: Mid-Week rides(and a disclaimer)
«
Reply #3 on:
July 23, 2015, 09:03:59 AM »
Very bad weather forecast tomorrow, wind and rain, I was looking forward to some revision on "Mr Tumble" character's on the way around, ready for the quiz, the forecast is not certain as yet, so final decision tomorrow.
Logged
Dave W
Global Moderator
Hero Member
Posts: 626
Re: Mid-Week rides(and a disclaimer)
«
Reply #4 on:
July 23, 2015, 09:58:11 AM »
what time you planning on heading out tomorrow and starting from where?
weather though is looking a bit wet, judging by the bbc app this changes every 5 minutes best to just look out the window this week
Logged
Tom
Hero Member
Posts: 1578
Re: Mid-Week rides(and a disclaimer)
«
Reply #5 on:
July 23, 2015, 05:15:49 PM »
Hi Dave-as Ron has so astutely pointed out the weather forecast for tomorrow has deteriorated as the week has gone on so the chances of getting out look slim!(Luckily for me I've managed a few rides this week).
Mid-week rides normally set out from the roundabout near B&Q on the Troes side.We generally set off at 9.45 as several regulars have to do the school run beforehand,although the meeting point and the time do vary occasionally but arrangements are always made here so no-one should be caught out!
If the weather is better than expected I will be going out(but possibly not Bwllch if it's dodgy).I will post here tomorrow if that happens,otherwise we generally get out on Tuesdays and often on Fridays if you're free!
Logged
Paul L
Jr. Member
Posts: 50
Re: Mid-Week rides(and a disclaimer)
«
Reply #6 on:
July 23, 2015, 07:38:21 PM »
Hi Tom, nice to have you back.
I am working tomorrow so can't make it, but hopefully if the weathers good next week I will be there!
Logged
Tom
Hero Member
Posts: 1578
Re: Mid-Week rides(and a disclaimer)
«
Reply #7 on:
July 23, 2015, 08:15:09 PM »
Hi Paul-I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Logged
ron b
Hero Member
Posts: 1253
Re: Mid-Week rides(and a disclaimer)
«
Reply #8 on:
July 24, 2015, 08:57:24 AM »
Can't come out, got to water my hanging baskets, this warm weather seems to dry them out, see you Tuesday
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
« previous
next »
My Community
»
General Category
»
Club Runs
»
Mid-Week rides(and a disclaimer)