Author Topic: Pacers step up ride with CAC66  (Read 1890 times)

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Pacers step up ride with CAC66
« on: July 19, 2015, 11:28:47 AM »
The OVW French division set off at 0730 (0630 UK time) this morning. I had been warned it would be a hilly one and so knew what to expect. There were about 20 riders and I got over the first col okay. The second one was longer and climbed to 800 metres over 10 miles. Just like the Bwlch I thought! I began to suffer in the heat and tried big ring, little ring and settled on a Tommy Voeckler style method with top fully unzipped and my tongue catching flies. At the top, there was a split and some sought out more climbs for a 73 mile ride whilst I returned with the 51 mile group. No cafe stop again!