Author Topic: 100 Miles National Championship 100M tt Sunday 5 July 2015  (Read 10356 times)

Teresa

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 924
    • View Profile

Teresa

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 924
    • View Profile
Re: 100 Miles National Championship 100M tt Sunday 5 July 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 10:48:25 AM »
Note from Robin Field
Some of you may have met Robin at the Carl Roach as he was our start time keeper.  Robin does so much for cycling with his various roles, so please try to support him with the 100

National 100 Miles Time Trial Sunday July 5 - Help Needed

On behalf of all CTT affiliated clubs in South Wales we are running the National Championship 100 miles time trial and we have received a truly superb entry. It has taken me a great deal of time and effort to get the event to this stage but now I need your help. Would you please circulate this email and attachment to all of your club members. I need a great many helpers to ensure the event goes well. If you can give a couple of hours on the day (5th July) it will be a great help. I have outlined the place and timescale of the jobs to be done. Yes it is very short notice - I have taken on too much and this is the unfortunate result.

Robin Field
Honorary Secretary Cycling Time Trials, South Wales District
89 Velindre Road
Whitchurch
Cardiff
CF14 2TG
02920 632358
07753 603098
www.southwalesdc.co.uk


[attachment deleted by admin]

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: 100 Miles National Championship 100M tt Sunday 5 July 2015
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 07:13:19 PM »
I will be marshalling at Hardwick roundabout on Sunday, anyone wanting to join me, you are quite welcome to come along. Those Oggies taking part call in for a cuppa!!

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Re: 100 Miles National Championship 100M tt Sunday 5 July 2015
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 10:45:05 PM »
Thanks Ron,
I may take you up on that offer!

Seriously, I may give you a spare bottle...

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: 100 Miles National Championship 100M tt Sunday 5 July 2015
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 06:50:50 AM »
Good idea, you'll need at least 3 big bottles if as thirsty as me. You'll want to drink more than on an equivelant distance club run because you'll be working so hard.

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: 100 Miles National Championship 100M tt Sunday 5 July 2015
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 08:06:22 AM »
No problems with drinks, time to sort it out.

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: 100 Miles National Championship 100M tt Sunday 5 July 2015
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 08:58:54 PM »
My Email is on my profile, we can arrange bottle and contents, does anyone have a chiller box to store the goods.

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: 100 Miles National Championship 100M tt Sunday 5 July 2015
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 09:05:55 PM »
Andy and Steve Landeg do you need you drinks at Hardwick?

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: 100 Miles National Championship 100M tt Sunday 5 July 2015
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 09:46:22 PM »
It would be great if you could hold a spare bottle for me. I plan on having enough on the bike but knowing there's a back up, would be reassuring.

Are you planning on going to club night Friday? I could bring along a few bottles for all of us. I've still got a few of the USN bottles we could use.

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Re: 100 Miles National Championship 100M tt Sunday 5 July 2015
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 10:57:45 PM »
Ron, what time do you need to be in position ? I'll drop some off beforehand...

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: 100 Miles National Championship 100M tt Sunday 5 July 2015
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 08:42:04 AM »
Thanks for the offer, but I will be leaving Hardwick as soon as the last rider passes me. Does Joe need any bottles? Yes I will be at Club on Friday, and I will also call at the TT on my way home tonight in my car so I can pick up any bottles and a "cool box" if anyone can spare one. What's going in the bottles?

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: 100 Miles National Championship 100M tt Sunday 5 July 2015
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2015, 03:00:43 PM »
Nice weather for our riders today, some of the late starters caught the storm and some even stopped because it was soooo bad.

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Re: 100 Miles National Championship 100M tt Sunday 5 July 2015
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2015, 05:38:06 PM »
Ron,

Many thanks for supporting us today. The early start meant we had finished before the storm hit but it was windy for the last few miles...

That completes the set for me, I've ridden the National 10,25,50 and 100.  No desire whatsoever to do the 12 and the 24!

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: 100 Miles National Championship 100M tt Sunday 5 July 2015
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2015, 05:45:32 PM »
Yes, thanks Ron, made life a lot easier having our own 'feed' station.

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: 100 Miles National Championship 100M tt Sunday 5 July 2015
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2015, 07:26:51 PM »
That completes the set for me, I've ridden the National 10,25,50 and 100.  No desire whatsoever to do the 12 and the 24!

Snap (except, I would tentatively add to that nor the 100 again).

Well done to you and Andy...and Steve L too? 4+ hours in TT position is no mean feat