Author Topic: Something different! Oggies club run Sunday 28th June  (Read 8679 times)

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Something different! Oggies club run Sunday 28th June
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2015, 04:17:40 PM »
By the way, this was the garment I was referring to on the club run;
http://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/pro-team-softshell-base-layer/product/SHB01

IIRC I have seen this in sales closer to £50, probably over the top unless you intend to race or do a TT and wear club/team kit over the top of it.

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Something different! Oggies club run Sunday 28th June
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2015, 06:20:23 PM »
I'm guessing then that the Gabba was a birthday present!

What puts me off one is that if they are as good as everyone makes out then I'd want at least 3...the more versatile the clothing the more you are going to want it for pretty much every ride!

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Something different! Oggies club run Sunday 28th June
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2015, 06:23:03 PM »
And as for the Rapha...even £50 is silly money for a base layer in my view. Its still going to stink at the end of the ride!

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Something different! Oggies club run Sunday 28th June
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2015, 10:02:59 PM »
Rapha thing does look interesting mind, from a racing perspective.

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Something different! Oggies club run Sunday 28th June
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2015, 07:35:54 AM »
The Gabba really is a good piece of kit to have available to you, I would suggest keeping an eye out in the sales ~ I picked one up early last year before the Gabba 2 came out for £70 odd.

I have the yellow one and a black one, I suggest you stick to black due to the grime you pick up if you do consider one.

A number of manufacturers now offer similar products, like Rapha, while I have their race jack which is similar to the Gabba I see no need (for me) for the baselayer.

The baselayer seems like a cut down gabba, no need for the storm flap or rear pockets as it's an under garment, so if it performs like their jacket or gabba it would be a great item for racing or when you need to be seen in certain kit.

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Re: Something different! Oggies club run Sunday 28th June
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2015, 04:18:04 PM »
I was scared about overheating, so I only had a thin short sleeved base layer on underneath. I was not too hot or too cold during the ride.  I was amazed when I took it off to notice my back was completely dry ! If it's going to make riding in adverse weather more comfortable, then it's worth every penny..

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Something different! Oggies club run Sunday 28th June
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2015, 07:23:31 PM »
Could you wear it on a typical winters day - say 8-10 degrees, wet and windy with nothing else on top? The Gabba that is. If I could pick one up with detachable arms for 70 then I probably would.