Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - John Edwards

Pages: [1]
1
Club Runs / Re: RR1
« on: February 04, 2016, 07:36:58 PM »
Cheers Andy
I will get the TT bike ready for Sunday..

2
Club Runs / Re: RR1
« on: February 04, 2016, 04:51:19 PM »
I will be there for this.
Any chance of a gpx file or loading a route so I can take a look before Sunday.
Cheers
John

3
Chain Gang / Re: Winter chain gang 10
« on: December 15, 2015, 09:38:03 PM »
Cheers gents,
Another enjoyable Tuesday night.
Until next time.
John

4
Club Runs / Re: pacers 13 sept
« on: September 13, 2015, 05:07:36 PM »
Thanks for the ride today guys.
That write up is like a science fiction novel.
It has made me out to be like some kind of super hero.
We all rode well and looked out for each other, which is the most important part of any club run.

I was happy to ride at that tempo and it was great we were able to have an  enjoyable  morning doing what we love.

And thanks Haydn for the coffee and cake we, were all in need of a top up . It  always taste nicer when someone else pays !!

Until the next one...

John

5
Club Runs / Re: Pacers club run Sunday 16th August
« on: August 18, 2015, 12:51:10 PM »
Thanks for the ride Sunday lads.
Sorry there was not much talking but hopefully we all had a blast.
Legs were tired yesterday so we must have worked hard.
See you all soon
John

6
General Discussion / Re: John Edwards
« on: June 03, 2015, 04:50:59 PM »
Steve
Thanks for the message yesterday lifted my spirits for sure.

I won't be out too long hopefully as it's only a small fracture and not load bearing.
Just need some strength in my hand and I will be back to it.

Cheers to all who might be thinking of me and my mis fortune

Until next time!

Ciao

Jonn

7
Club Runs / Re: Whitsun Bank Holiday Monday 25th May
« on: May 26, 2015, 07:01:19 AM »
Thanks Andy,
Great riding with you guys. Gutted I did not have time for a long hilly one. That would have been just the ticket yesterday.
Hopefully do a full club run soon.
See you later for a few laps!
John

8
Chain Gang / Re: Summer chaingang #4
« on: April 22, 2015, 09:13:14 PM »
Well the numbers seem steady from what I have seen.
I am more than happy to have different groups,and I would also be happy to continue on the same format.

I have been riding long enough to realise that quality outweighs quantity every time.

As a non member I will go with the official stance on how this will go forward but as a rider I definitely think having the stronger riders in the pack helps more than hinders.

Start again next week and let's see if it can work as a unit as it has for the last few rides.


9
Chain Gang / Re: Summer chaingang #4
« on: April 22, 2015, 04:41:10 PM »
I guess you are directing those comments at myself!
With regards to kicking on the first lap, firstly there was no kick and standing or sitting to get up to speed is entirely optional. My choice is to get at a certain pace and sit there... yours might be otherwise.
We are all at different abilities and levels, some have not missed many or even any of the summer or winter chain gangs I am lucky that I have been involved in 95% of them. The fact you came into the ride tonight with what was arguably the most disorganised group that I have ridden with on a Tuesday is unfortunate. No calls split groups at junctions etc they all add up to a little bit more disruption than one or two kicking or riding strong at the front. If I or anyone else kicks at the front then let them go focus on the group ride rather than just one person.
I am happy to die in the wind on my own and also suffer more than 10revs before pulling off the front.
So until next week i guess happy riding!!!!!
If any of these comments offend anyone i apologise in advance.

John

10
Chain Gang / Re: Summer chaigang #3
« on: April 14, 2015, 10:27:46 AM »
Tea! Anyone?

11
Chain Gang / Re: Summer chaingang #2
« on: April 08, 2015, 08:29:50 AM »
Great session again Steve, lots of good riders doing some great turns.
We were all looking for the right wheel to follow on that last lap.......

12
Chain Gang / Re: Winter Chaingang 25
« on: March 17, 2015, 11:14:12 PM »
Cheers gents,
I agree Dave top ride by Mark he rode superb tonight. Glad you were not firing on all cylinders as I don't quite think I gave you the kicking you mentioned.........! I was hanging on in parts.


13
Chain Gang / Re: Winter chaingang #24
« on: March 12, 2015, 09:37:51 AM »
I will be there
Looking for a good wheel to follow !

14
Chain Gang / Re: Winter chaingang #24
« on: March 10, 2015, 10:45:40 PM »
Steve,
Thanks for the kind words, just an old man trying to ride his bike.
Have a great time in Majorca
👍

15
Chain Gang / Re: Winter chaingang #23
« on: March 04, 2015, 01:43:04 PM »
Hi Steve
Joined the forum to keep up to date with the mid week rides. I think the strong turns were shared equally!!!!
Tough out there last night

Pages: [1]