Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - geoffh

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
1
General Discussion / Re: QGM : March 11, 2024.
« on: March 16, 2024, 09:19:20 AM »
Thanks for posting these notes.

It's unfortunate that it was felt necessary to suspend the club time trial series this season, but hopefully the hill-climb will remain viable. Personally though I am not currently in any condition to participate, but am hopeful of returning to competition next season.

I have indeed renewed my membership back in January, and am proud to remain a member, however I do not recall seeing my subscription cheque passing through my bank as of yet. Perhaps Nigel could clarify, please?

Thanks, and good luck to everyone participating in the Reliability Ride.

2
General Discussion / Re: QGM : March 11, 2024.
« on: March 02, 2024, 08:48:32 PM »
Regret that I shall be unable to attend the meeting, however, just as a suggestion, would junction of Green Isaf in Wick present a viable option for a start point, turn at Pentr'er Cwrt rab and return for 7 miles? No idea how hard it is to get approval for a new course, so otherwise would it be possible to switch to R10/9, as a possible solution on an established course? Thanks.

3
Time Trials / Re: TT Course 20mph section
« on: November 03, 2023, 12:43:59 PM »
I too had wondered how the speed limit changes would affect us, now we have the answer. Indeed my old club in Oxfordshire have lost their signature course, a 20km circuit, K4/20 for the same reason.
 
Would it be feasible to use a shortened version of our existing course, starting at the 30 sign in Wick and turning at the Pentr'er Cwrt rab in Llantwit for approximately seven and a half miles, or failing that to move on to the R10/9 for the time being?

I don't really know what rules govern the creation of new courses or indeed the use of existing ones, but it's just a thought as an interim measure. Cheers.

4
Time Trials / Re: OVW 10 6th June
« on: July 07, 2023, 10:18:14 PM »
Sorry to hear this; still awaiting my chance to shine this season!

5
Time Trials / Re: OVW 10TT 8 June 2023
« on: June 09, 2023, 02:26:08 PM »
Good start to the season; unfortunately I am still hors de combat, but am still hopeful of joining in by the end of the season.

6
Time Trials / Re: OVW 10TT dates for 2023
« on: May 16, 2023, 09:14:34 PM »
Good news, good luck to all participants.

Personally off the bike for the moment, but hoping to be back before the end of the season.

We are racers, cheers.

7
Time Trials / WCA 25 Champs
« on: April 29, 2023, 09:13:27 PM »
Steve Curry down to ride in the championship event tomorrow - fingers crossed for weather and good luck for the event, Steve. Cheers.

8
General Discussion / Re: happy new year oggies
« on: January 01, 2023, 06:15:31 PM »
Likewise, HNY to all members, hoping 2023 brings good things.

Regrettably I shall be unable to manage the velodrome trip - I went to several coached sessions at Derby with my previous club, Herne Hill also on one occasion, and I can thoroughly recommend the experience.

I did send in my membership form and subs cheque on the 10th December, crammed into the top of an overflowing post-box outside Llantwit Post-Office. I do hope it's got to Nige in all the Christmas postal mayhem??

Again, best wishes to all and good luck for the upcoming season.

9
General Discussion / Re: Dave Walters accident
« on: September 05, 2022, 09:56:16 PM »
Sorry to read this news. Best wishes to Dave for a speedy recovery.

10
Time Trials / Re: OVW club 10 dates for 2022
« on: September 03, 2022, 03:11:22 PM »
Many thanks to the management for Thursday's event, and indeed for the season's series.

Slug slow at 32.04, but a season's best nevertheless.

I only managed to make it to 2 events this year, and not sure if I'll be up to the H/C, but looking forward to next season's time trials nevertheless.

Cheers.

11
Time Trials / Re: Club 10 result 30th June
« on: June 30, 2022, 09:39:57 PM »
Well done to John on what would have been a lonely ride.

Unfortunately I am unable to get out to Thursday events for now due to family commitments (fitness level or lack thereof is a different story!).

Btw, any word on our Celtic Series event, the CTT website shows it to be cancelled?

Cheers

12
Time Trials / Re: Club 10 result- 9th June
« on: June 10, 2022, 09:27:25 PM »
Well deserved victory; couldn't make it this week, but 'you have to be in it to win it' so they say!! Cheers.

13
Time Trials / Re: OVW club 10 dates for 2022
« on: May 19, 2022, 09:36:37 PM »
Prompt posting of result - again much appreciated and some fine performances -  well done Mark Bryant.

Out again for impromptu marshalling at the turn, all participants looking as fit and effective as expected.

BTW is a separate road bike category planned for the points series this year - it was rumoured for 2019, but not confirmed as I recall.

Hoping to dig out my TT bike (and legs very soon). We are racers! Cheers.


14
Time Trials / Re: OVW club 10 dates for 2022
« on: May 12, 2022, 09:21:03 PM »
Thanks for posting result so promptly.

I managed to get to the turn roundabout tonight, (to spectate), and acted as impromptu marshal in the absence of any other presence, (hope this qualifies as an official duty!) - some impressive performances all round, Veloflow jerseys prominent and great to see Mr. Bees out for a spin.

Hoping to participate myself during the season, sometimes, other responsibilities permitting.

Cheers.

15
Time Trials / WCA 25 Champs
« on: May 01, 2022, 08:29:00 PM »
WCA 25 Champs, R25/7;

Congratulations to Steve Curry who went under to finish 39th on a day when nearly 50 entrants failed to start (or finish). Fastest man Jake Sargent does a 47 in what must have been challenging conditions, while Hannah Saitch finishes as fastest woman competitor with a 57.

Chapeau, Steve.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7