Author Topic: Pacers Sunday 13th April  (Read 7899 times)

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Pacers Sunday 13th April
« on: April 11, 2014, 09:03:45 PM »
Sun's out, head for the hills.

http://connect.garmin.com/course/6200533

Glynogwr, Penrhiwfer, Llanwonno, Pontypridd golf course, Caerphilly Mountain, Pentyrch, Gwern-Y-Steeple. 

63 miles, plenty of sunshine, lots of climbing. Come along you know you want to!


Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 13th April
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 09:32:20 PM »
That's going to hurt

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 13th April
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 10:12:17 PM »
Are you racing/TTing on the weekend or out for a bit of hurt?

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 13th April
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 11:13:27 PM »
Supposed to be doing Noel jones road race...but not sure I can be bothered. Its a tough one and I've never managed to ride the course well cos the roads are so narrow and I am poor at holding my position. I spend every lap losing what I gain on the climb. Hard and thankless work!

Your club run sounds like a far more enjoyable way to spend a Sunday morning. This little voice in my head will no doubt rattle on about rule no. 5 all weekend, but I'll fight it best I can!


Hiett

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 99
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 13th April
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 10:44:50 AM »
Is Ron around this weekend for 25 ers? Hoping to get out tomorrow, I have new shoes/pedals to test. Claire.

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Pacers Sunday 13th April
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 12:03:55 PM »
Not sure about Ron, it might be worthwhile creating a 25ers thread for tomorrow to gauge interest.

I'll want to be back for Paris-Roubaix tomorrow so I'll probably peel off at Pontypridd and head up to Pencoedcae, that being said if we're doing well for time I'll slip away at Eglwysilan (meaning I'll be left struggling up to the top of the climb) and drop down to Tesco.

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 13th April
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 12:37:20 PM »
Jason, you really need to get Tivo or Sky + to record these things, club run is FAR more important!

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Pacers Sunday 13th April
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 12:42:55 PM »
I'm too tight to pay for Sky so it's EuroSport player on the internet for me... it's only the cobble classics which are pretty much unmissable so the last one tomorrow  :)

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 13th April
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 04:36:58 PM »
Seven out for a hillfest today. Rob, Chris G, Haydn, Jason T, Mark Nott, myself and guest Andy Samuels.

Lots of suffering in the sunshine, especially up Pontypridd Golf Club climb, 65 miles for me and 5 minutes late for the christening I had to attend but wife's fault not mine, as back in plenty of time.

Riding a time trial next week so not out on club run Sunday but still hope to do an 'epic' on Bank Holiday Monday will revive that thread in the week

harpo

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 624
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 13th April
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 05:08:50 PM »
thought I liked climbing until the pontypridd golf club climb, hardest climb ive done so far, every hill after that was pain, thanks to the others riders for getting me back!

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 13th April
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 06:04:18 PM »
Good riding harpo. Ponty golf club is about as hard as climbs get round here...though there are a few similar to explore!

marknott

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 178
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 13th April
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 07:22:00 PM »
Hi All,

Well, what was all that about ???

Ponty Golf Club climb was the hardest climb I have ever experienced !!!

I managed Caerphilly Mountain after that, but it wasn't a patch on Ponty.

Thanks to Rob and Xrayspecs for taking it easy with Harpo and me on the return, Cheers Guys !!!

Harpo you worked really hard today, great effort.

Cheers.

Mar


Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 13th April
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2014, 07:34:50 PM »
Was that said with sarcasm mark...sorry!

 Fun route though. I counted 9 quite significant climbs and some good twisty descents too!

You were climbing well btw, especially caerphilly mtn. My legs are very sort thanks to the ponty golf club climb!

marknott

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 178
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 13th April
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2014, 08:11:51 PM »
Hi Rob,

No sarcasm Rob, you could have taken a more challenging return route with more climbs but as discussed my legs were blown by then.

Thanks for your comment on the climbs, that's the most I've ever completed,in fact they were all new to me.

Looking forward to the next "climbfest" NOT !!!

Cheers,

Mark.