Author Topic: Pacers Sunday 6th April  (Read 5662 times)

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Pacers Sunday 6th April
« on: April 05, 2014, 10:29:18 AM »
Weather forecast pretty miserable for tomorrow, will keep an eye on forecast and suggest a route later.

Likely options are Swansea marina or if weather looks more promising, follow the Amblers to Tonyrefail then go Rhondda Fach, Blaenllechau, Pontypridd, Pencoedcae
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 11:33:42 AM by Andy H »

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 6th July
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 10:38:08 AM »
Nothing like planning ahead Andy but I'd assumed most club members would be in Sheffield that day!I've negotiated a spot on the floor of my daughter's flat

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 6th April
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 11:34:03 AM »
Oops, date corrected!!  :-[

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 6th April
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 06:50:02 PM »

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Pacers Sunday 6th April
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 08:08:35 PM »
If I make it out tomorrow I'll go with whichever group heads to Talbot Green, I'll peel off at Coed-Ely (Amblers) or Porth (Pacers).

It's the Tour of Flanders after all, I must ensure I'll be back for 11:00.

Cobble Classics with Paris-Roubaix next weekend :D

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 6th April
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 08:55:41 PM »
If I make it out tomorrow I'll go with whichever group heads to Talbot Green, I'll peel off at Coed-Ely (Amblers) or Porth (Pacers).

It's the Tour of Flanders after all, I must ensure I'll be back for 11:00.

Cobble Classics with Paris-Roubaix next weekend :D

 8)

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 6th April
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 09:00:15 PM »
Luv the big classics...more respect for winner than any stage race, TT or track event. Proper all round determined hardnuts win the classics!

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Pacers Sunday 6th April
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 09:11:11 PM »
There was one interview where I seem to recall riders stating that it can take something like 5 to 14 days to recover from the Roubaix Cobbles  :o

Brutal

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 6th April
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2014, 09:26:32 PM »
Can we have a report of the pacers ride to Swansea marina? If you made it back dry then you did well as it was monsoonal around swansea from about 12.45

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 6th April
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014, 09:30:47 PM »
Andy Majorca legs harries dragged me to Swansea and back.
Simples.
Dry apart from one or two spots of rain .

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 6th April
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2014, 10:16:31 PM »
and quick service in the cafe.   :D