Author Topic: Amblers ride Sunday 21st January  (Read 3975 times)

Ben

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
    • View Profile
Amblers ride Sunday 21st January
« on: January 17, 2018, 02:31:49 PM »
Weather isn't looking promising. I'm not going to be out either I'm afraid. As well as blowing a hole in the side of my tyre on the way to work (the bead seems to have failed) I've got to take my youngest to a pool party - great fun..... NOT!

So could someone take a ride for me?

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers ride Sunday 21st January
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 02:56:08 PM »
I'll be happy to, maybe do one lap of the RR1 course, I need to get away early this Sunday.

I'll try and get a volunteer to do a route for the Chasers, unless they fancy doing the RR1 as a full recce

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers ride Sunday 21st January
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 03:45:19 PM »
Suggestion for Sunday, Route recce for RR1

https://www.strava.com/routes/11677576

Coffee in Cowbridge or Ewenny at the end of the ride?

Ade

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 52
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers ride Sunday 21st January
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 03:54:12 PM »
Won't be there this week either. Chest cold for the last 2 weeks which I'm over but have a road trip/pub crawl in Bath on Saturday.

Ben

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers ride Sunday 21st January
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 05:30:36 PM »
Thanks Andy.
You missed a corker Sunday Ade.

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers ride Sunday 21st January
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 08:36:42 AM »
Won’ t be out Sunday, high risk of shrinking. I hope to be out Saturday if no family froblems.

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers ride Sunday 21st January
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 09:44:25 PM »
Is anybody likely to be out for the Amblers?
Weather is looking awful but I will turn up if there are people planning to go out.
Please post your intentions, because if nobody fancies riding, I could do with a lie in!!

Carrie H

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 67
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers ride Sunday 21st January
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 11:53:03 AM »
Hi Andy , Nick & I won’t be out on Sunday. Weather looks awful & Nick is out of action with a swollen knee.
Carrie

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers ride Sunday 21st January
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2018, 01:40:54 PM »
If today is the best day I definitely won't be out with the Amblers or Chasers.Soaked and frozen this morning(and I didn't see Ron anywhere!)

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers ride Sunday 21st January
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2018, 02:17:24 PM »
I was also cold and wet but running this morning.

As there doesn’t seem to be anybody keen to go out, I’m also going to give it a miss tomorrow!

See you next week

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers ride Sunday 21st January
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2018, 03:10:39 PM »
I went around the lanes through City,then across A48 to Colwinston, then home. I rode my MTB with big mudguards and fat tyres, still lots of standing water in the usual places. Weather should be worse tomorrow. They seemed to have got it wrong for today on the long range, young Derick is losing his touch.