Author Topic: Tour de France 2014 - OVW big weekend !  (Read 25198 times)

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Tour de France 2014 - OVW big weekend !
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2014, 05:55:17 PM »
Steve, I'm contemplating going up on the 4th just to watch the first stage. I'll be with my partner who does not cycle. Where would be best for me stay and will it be easy for me to get to the same vantage points as you but by car?

Chris Reed

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 177
    • View Profile
Re: Tour de France 2014 - OVW big weekend !
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2014, 08:38:56 PM »
Alright guys here's where I am - I can get bars for my car but as mentioned no cycle carriers - so I need

3 people as passengers (plenty of room for kit)
4 Roof mounted bike carriers (assume they fit any bars? - also if one short I can just buy my own)

I am assuming you can fit 4 bikes on the roof of a focus estate

ceribu

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Tour de France 2014 - OVW big weekend !
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2014, 09:12:31 PM »
I will be up there for the 1st two stages, booked out hotel while still cheap, staying in Bradford but not too far out of the action. Going with ma famile, can't wait. It will be great to see familiar faces up there!

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Tour de France 2014 - OVW big weekend !
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2014, 03:07:08 PM »
I'm now booked into a campsite in Hawes for the weekend. Will be on the climb of Buttertubs Pass for etape 1. Not sure of plans yet for stage 2.
And will also be catching the tour riding into Nimes on 20 July.

Steve Chapman

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 209
    • View Profile
Re: Tour de France 2014 - OVW big weekend !
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2014, 01:10:26 PM »
I have now been given the green light, it's been a bit quite on this topic so is anyone still interested in going up. My wife needs the car so I'm looking for someone who can give me and my bike a lift. Is the plan still to stay in Yarm? places filling up fast now so looking to book over the next few days.


Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Re: Tour de France 2014 - OVW big weekend !
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2014, 06:48:37 PM »
Steve,
I can give you a lift - may only stay for the Saturday stage though..

Steve Chapman

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 209
    • View Profile
Re: Tour de France 2014 - OVW big weekend !
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2014, 09:26:30 AM »
Thanks Steven, just happy to see the race so one or two stages is fine. Is the plan still to travel up late Friday, stay Friday in Yarm, cycle on Saturday to watch the race? I'm happy to do whatever just let me know what i need to do.

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Re: Tour de France 2014 - OVW big weekend !
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2014, 11:58:50 AM »
That's the plan - I'll PM you my mobile number..

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Re: Tour de France 2014 - OVW big weekend !
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2014, 08:44:01 AM »
Just 5 days to go and still time to sort yourselves out!

Accomodation still available in Yarm...

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Tour de France 2014 - OVW big weekend !
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2014, 12:22:36 PM »
Sorry, can't make the Grand Depart stages  :'( , following 3 stages in northern France is all I can manage!!  ;D

Andy W

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Tour de France 2014 - OVW big weekend !
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2014, 02:14:17 PM »
I will be trying to grab a spot up Buttertubs Pass. Anyone hitting that section?

Not sure i'm hanging around for Stage 2?

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Tour de France 2014 - OVW big weekend !
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2014, 06:46:50 AM »
See you on the climb Andy. I'm going to watch the finish in the spectator hub and then take the bike for a spin up the climb and loop back through Layburn and Aysgarth.

I will be trying to grab a spot up Buttertubs Pass. Anyone hitting that section?

Not sure i'm hanging around for Stage 2?

Andy W

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Tour de France 2014 - OVW big weekend !
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2014, 11:22:16 AM »
I'm going to watch the finish in the spectator hub



How much you paying for that? Gonna try get on the climbs before the race and then after..

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Tour de France 2014 - OVW big weekend !
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2014, 07:23:56 PM »
Pay? I think I need to do some more research!!

Wayne E

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 72
    • View Profile
Re: Tour de France 2014 - OVW big weekend !guthis mythi
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2014, 10:06:32 AM »

Hoping to leave early Friday morning have room for one passenger and bike.Takingt van up .Anyone interestedcontact me on 07584420221.