Author Topic: 2up TTs. Season opener Sat 14 May  (Read 12079 times)

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
2up TTs. Season opener Sat 14 May
« on: April 14, 2016, 05:17:28 PM »
First 2up TT  is Saturday 14th May, it's a bit of fun but still a good work out.
Whose up for it? It's the Raglan course.
It's a 2:00 pm start, so I can get there in time, from work. Haydn, fancy a safer ride with me? Promise not to knock you off like Paul did!
Loads of potential pairings, let's give it a go. I'll be at club Friday night, happy to discuss, organise and arrange practice.
If you can't make club night post here and I'll try and find a pair.
Closing date is Tues 3rd May.

harpo

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 624
    • View Profile
Re: 2up TTs. Season opener Sat 14 May
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 04:45:34 PM »
Think I'm jinxed ! Yeah if it's a Saturday

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: 2up TTs. Season opener Sat 14 May
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 07:23:41 PM »
I may be up for this to make up the numbers if someone is short of a partner. How do you enter, do you just enter individually as though you were entering solo?

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: 2up TTs. Season opener Sat 14 May
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 10:08:19 PM »
Similar to entering solo, you just have to name the rider who's partnering you.

Are you out Sunday? Have a chat then and see if anybody else is interested

Greg B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 470
    • View Profile
Re: 2up TTs. Season opener Sat 14 May
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 06:37:32 AM »
Im away that weekend sorry, good luck

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: 2up TTs. Season opener Sat 14 May
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 06:42:06 AM »
Young Tim and I are in, our are about to enter, how about an over sixties team in the PT 4 up?

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: 2up TTs. Season opener Sat 14 May
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 09:34:14 AM »
Can you wait 4 years? Hope to be still going then!

Dave W

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 626
    • View Profile
Re: 2up TTs. Season opener Sat 14 May
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 08:28:20 AM »
Signed up :o me and Chris Reed are going to give it a go. 8)

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: 2up TTs. Season opener Sat 14 May
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 12:40:46 PM »
Don't forget to have a couple of practice sessions!

There'll be power to spare between you two.

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: 2up TTs. Season opener Sat 14 May
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 07:18:12 PM »
Power versus Experience, lets have some more entrants please!!

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: 2up TTs. Season opener Sat 14 May
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2016, 07:29:21 PM »
There will be!

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: 2up TTs. Season opener Sat 14 May
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 07:35:07 AM »
This event is also open to individual riders, nice course.

Andy S

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 133
    • View Profile
Re: 2up TTs. Season opener Sat 14 May
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2016, 01:32:53 PM »
Myself and RichardB ??
I am interested to have a go but somewhat anxious as never raced before,let alone TT,and I don't have another bike (or a pointy hat either!)
And... is it like other addictive and expensive sporting past-times where I start and just can't stop-if so then the Mrs. wil kill me if I start going all aerolycrabodysuits and silly hats on her!!

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: 2up TTs. Season opener Sat 14 May
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2016, 04:57:57 PM »
Yes, yes and yes!

Don't panic about racing its a buzz!

Most important thing is to get some clip on bars, helps aero position and is just about biggest improvement you can make and they're pretty cheap. I'm happy to lend you a pair, important to practice beforehand.

I'll message Richard and tell him your interested and bring the bars along Sunday

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: 2up TTs. Season opener Sat 14 May
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2016, 09:32:37 PM »
Hi Andy S
I'm up the club on Friday and marshalling on Sunday. Should be able to catch up to discuss and arrange some practice! I've also text you.

Richard