Author Topic: Mid-week rides 21-25/12/15  (Read 6232 times)

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Mid-week rides 21-25/12/15
« on: December 21, 2015, 02:10:55 PM »
At the moment the forecast for tomorrow morning isn't too bad(I have learnt to take the BBC weather Bridgend forecast with a pinch of salt mind!)If the weather is ok I plan to be at B&Q/Starbucks at 9.45 for the normal trundle round the vale.
I may well also try and get out on Thursday.I will be suffering the effects of today's blood donation so it won't be fast!
Let me know if you plan to be out either day and I'll wait if you're late(or vice versa!)

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-week rides 21-25/12/15
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 02:59:58 PM »
I'll be there tomorrow Tom. See you at 0945.

Mark

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-week rides 21-25/12/15
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 04:54:55 PM »
Weather permitting I ll be there  .tom can you arrange for mark to give 2 pints and that may slow him down a bit !!

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-week rides 21-25/12/15
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 05:29:34 PM »
Mid-week rules Mal, chatting speed only! ;)

RoyH

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-week rides 21-25/12/15
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 06:17:11 PM »
If that's the rules Mark I'll pop along myself.

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-week rides 21-25/12/15
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 08:32:57 AM »
Running late and have a delivery coming at 9.15 so I may meet you at cafe velo later

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-week rides 21-25/12/15
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 03:28:09 PM »
3 mid-weel stalwarts(Mark P,Mal(at the café after his 3rd time lucky dishwasher delivery)and me)were joined by two less frequent but very welcome participants-Roy 1 and Mark Cooke.We had a bit of drizzle but nothing significant.Main surprise of the morning was to find Café Velo closed(for Christmas?)but The Net Café-just around the corner-was an excellent substitute.
There are tentative plans to go out on Thursday but as ever weather dependent and Roy is planning a ride on the morning of Christmas Day-these Cyclists eh??!!!

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-week rides 21-25/12/15
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 04:40:46 PM »
A bit breezy round ogmore but a good ride I'm thinking  of cycling to porthcawl to watch thttps://www.facebook.com/malcolm.jones.777/posts/10208493128192126he swimmers on Christmas morning but will be out thurs if the weather is ok and I ll brings quiz Tom

Terry A

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 265
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-week rides 21-25/12/15
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 09:29:08 PM »
Planning the normal mid week route tomorrow (Thurs) and will be at B&Q at 9.45 if anyone else is interested .. weather permitting of course. The forecast is okay-ish at the moment and unless it turns out to be very yukky then I will be there.When at Cafe Velo on Sunday then Dave said he was open until 2.00pm so hopefully that has not changed.

Terry

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-week rides 21-25/12/15
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 10:24:08 PM »
I ll be there if weather not too bad

RoyH

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-week rides 21-25/12/15
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2015, 07:57:39 AM »
I'll be there, weather supposed to get better.

Terry A

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 265
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-week rides 21-25/12/15
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2015, 09:06:08 AM »
Late decision but giving it a miss - raining heavily right now and very windy. May go later.

Mark B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 461
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-week rides 21-25/12/15
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2015, 10:17:08 AM »
Terry, I'm planning on getting a steady 2 hours in at 1pm if you or others are interested. Was thinking of St Brides/coast/MMawr lane/porthcawl seafront/Kenfig Burrows/back road Pyle to Aberkenfig/back into B'end past Brewery Field.