Author Topic: Jason has been involved in an accident.  (Read 33085 times)

Toestrapsteve

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Re: Jason has been involved in an accident.
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2016, 04:14:16 PM »
Jason - what's the news with your physio treatment - heard NHS are procrastinating? 

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Jason has been involved in an accident.
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2016, 11:26:37 AM »
First appointment with the trauma clinic was last tuesday, due to the severity of the injuries they couldn't do anything and booked the next appointment for the end of January (last tuesday of the month I believe).

I have an appointment booked with the spinal consultant this thursday so we will have to see what this one says.


traine

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 254
    • View Profile
Re: Jason has been involved in an accident.
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2016, 04:57:22 PM »
Jason

Good luck mate. Don't rush it. You will be using a lot of energy just getting your body back together so don't worry about keeping fit. It is a bonus in your recovery that you were so fit from your cycling that you were so resilient.

Just do as your told for a change and listen to the medics !

I assume you have a Kindle. Give it a hammering

Cheers

Tim

traine

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 254
    • View Profile
Re: Jason has been involved in an accident.
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2016, 01:36:52 PM »
Jason
Let us have an update mate !
I am sure you have on social media but we don' t all do that.
Cheers and I hope you are cheerful
Tim

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Jason has been involved in an accident.
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2016, 05:32:17 PM »
Hi Tim,

Not much going on at the moment, x-rays were taken for the spinal consultant the week before last and he reported that everything is looking good and appears to be healing very well (I will be back this thursday for more of the same).

I also have an appointment with the collarbone consultant next Tuesday, hoping for good news and hope they don't have to operate as it will put my recovery back even further (x-rays will tell if everything is aligned correctly).

Still waiting for all the bruising to go from my body and legs but it's approx. 80% cleared and not much purple left  :)

One thing that is noticeable is the pain across my sternum break when I sneeze or cough.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 05:33:48 PM by Jason T »

Toestrapsteve

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Re: Jason has been involved in an accident.
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2016, 09:27:18 PM »
Good news Jason  - what's that 3 or 4 weeks now - you're a pretty good healer but sorry to hear the chest plate is still painful - best avoid colds and just exercise by laughing - reading recent posts of club runs should help with that, the calamity level remains high!
Keep the updates coming, let us know if you need any more reading material - I'm sure some of us can drop by with books, mags etc.

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Jason has been involved in an accident.
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2016, 12:26:20 PM »
Five weeks this Friday so doing pretty well, 15 minutes with the specialist turned in to a four hour round trip last time due to staff shortages ~ I hope tomorrow will not be that long.

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Jason has been involved in an accident.
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2016, 10:21:37 AM »
More x-rays yesterday and booked back in for two weeks time for more of the same.

The good news, healing extremely well and they've removed the body brace from the collar as it's no longer required, so I was sent home in just the neck brace  :)

I will be able to remove the collar when I'm at home to get the neck working again, it's rather painful looking left and right but I guess that's what happens when can't move your head for five weeks.

Ribs and sternum seem to be healing Ok, no concerns there so I've not needed to flag these with the hospital.

I'll give an update when I have more on the collarbone which should be Tuesday as that still gives the most amount of pain/discomfort, having said that I'm still bruised so that could also be playing a part in it.

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Jason has been involved in an accident.
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2016, 12:24:15 PM »
Glad to hear you're on the mend!

How long before you can get back on a bike?  :D

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Jason has been involved in an accident.
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2016, 06:40:04 PM »
I'm thinking a week or so and I'll try the indoor trainer, hopefully it should be Ok.

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Jason has been involved in an accident.
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2016, 06:59:38 PM »
Andy's was the question I'm sure everyone wanted to ask but weren't brave enough for fear of answer...that's a super positive answer though Jason!

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Re: Jason has been involved in an accident.
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2016, 08:44:54 PM »
That's a great place to start, a controlled environment and you can stop at any time. I did a session every day, although the first one was only 3 minutes!

Teresa

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 924
    • View Profile
Re: Jason has been involved in an accident.
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2016, 10:06:09 PM »
Bet you feel like a free man without the brace  ;)

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Jason has been involved in an accident.
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2016, 09:15:22 AM »
As above, great to hear your positive about it and take it easy to start.

You're welcome to sit on my wheel, when you start back, like the old days!   

;D ;D ;D

Dave W

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 626
    • View Profile
Re: Jason has been involved in an accident.
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2016, 11:24:05 AM »
That's good news..you must be itching to get back on the bike....
Will there be a claim against the van driver?