Author Topic: Great win from Ian Stannard  (Read 5412 times)

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Great win from Ian Stannard
« on: March 01, 2015, 02:05:54 PM »

A textbook lesson in how to win from a group of 4 when the other 3 all ride for the same team - Brilliant !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQRSisiaC9A

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Great win from Ian Stannard
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 02:22:57 PM »
I know I'm only 2nd claim now, but there should be a rule about spoilers like that....grrr...hang on a minute this is live...Ah yesterday, let you off Steven!  :)

Davey C

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 208
    • View Profile
Re: Great win from Ian Stannard
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 07:45:23 AM »
Yeah what a race!!

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Great win from Ian Stannard
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 09:45:30 AM »
I was watching the one that cav won when I read Stevens message. That was a great race too.

Davey C

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 208
    • View Profile
Re: Great win from Ian Stannard
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 09:59:58 PM »
Dunno KBK was all wrong, exciting at the start then a boring bunch sprint at the end.

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Great win from Ian Stannard
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 10:44:28 PM »
I enjoyed it. Late Gilbert effort and don't mind seeing a sprint finish in a classic. Stannard win was brilliant but for me little to do with tactics, he was just much stronger than the 3 teammates. To close down and then immediately after successfully attack I wouldn't have thought possible at that level!

Davey C

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 208
    • View Profile
Re: Great win from Ian Stannard
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 08:07:26 AM »
He did benefit from the bad tactics of Quick Step

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Great win from Ian Stannard
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 09:29:56 AM »
True, they did mess up. Perhaps they should of attacked in order of their weakest rider first, and maybe more frequent attacks starting a bit earlier. I didn't see the race proper though, so not that aware of the time gaps and quality of those chasing behind.