Author Topic: Xmas eve ride  (Read 10974 times)

harpo

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 624
    • View Profile
Xmas eve ride
« on: December 23, 2014, 07:31:03 AM »

Weather looking good tomorrow! Anybody out for a ride ?

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Xmas eve ride
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 08:39:46 AM »
I'm going to skip this one as I'm coming down with a ear/throat infection and I don't want to aggravate it even more for Christmas, might try to sweat it out tomorrow on the rollers in a warm room.

Anyway, it looks like the best day of the week to get out for a ride so don't waste it.

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: Xmas eve ride
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 11:33:19 AM »
What route did you have in mind?

harpo

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 624
    • View Profile
Re: Xmas eve ride
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 12:34:57 PM »
I'm easy, was thinking Margam porthcawl ogmore cowbridge,pontyclun.  I really don't mind, it will be dry

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: Xmas eve ride
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 12:43:59 PM »
930 at Brackla? Then if anyone else wants to join they can.
It will be steady for me.

harpo

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 624
    • View Profile
Re: Xmas eve ride
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 12:46:37 PM »
Yeah, epic!

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Xmas eve ride
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 05:23:50 PM »
I'll join you too if that is ok.
I should be able to cope with steady!
See you in the morning.

Cheers
Richard

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: Xmas eve ride
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 05:31:58 PM »
Anyone welcome of course.

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Xmas eve ride
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 08:07:25 PM »
Hope you've got that squeak sorted Harpo  :)

harpo

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 624
    • View Profile
Re: Xmas eve ride
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 09:05:39 PM »
More of a cherp I thought! Mudguards off!!

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: Xmas eve ride
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2014, 01:10:05 PM »
Six riders out today for a steady spin to Margam Porthcawl coast road and Cowbridge where I peeled off. Neil, Wayne Terry Richard and Haydn. Wayne and Terry left at Cowbridge, the rest of us stopped at the new cycle cafe; Cafe Goodwin for a mince pie (don't worry Paul it only opens once a year).
Thanks for the company and Merry Christmas.

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Xmas eve ride
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2014, 02:40:47 PM »
Thanks all and thanks to Chris for the festive cafe stop. A good work out for my legs today and a hard ride home into the wind to finish.

Neil Bartlett

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 43
    • View Profile
Re: Xmas eve ride
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2014, 03:53:11 PM »
Thanks to all who rode this morning, perfect weather, no mechanicals and some unexpected festive hospitality at Chris's house to prepare us for the last leg of the ride!  Merry Christmas!

harpo

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 624
    • View Profile
Re: Xmas eve ride
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2014, 05:05:44 PM »
Yeah good ride, feeling it now, hard slog back against the wind, thanks Chris for the minced pie!Can't wait for barbecue in the summer!!

Terry A

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 265
    • View Profile
Re: Xmas eve ride
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2014, 09:54:26 PM »
Chris, I would have stopped for tea if I knew a mice pie was involved as well !! Thanks for the offer but needed to get back really. Enjoyed the ride/company - although after climbing Primrose hill out of Cowbridge the ride home along the A48 into a strong wind was really tough and I just watched my average speed tumble.