Author Topic: Amblers 29th June. 2014  (Read 5214 times)

Paul Longthorn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 330
    • View Profile
Amblers 29th June. 2014
« on: June 28, 2014, 07:44:14 AM »
I'm a bit limited on time this Sunday and I know a lot of Club Members are going to see the British National Road Race in Abergavenny. Enjoy looks like a good day out.

I'm going to opt for more local route. Not intended to sabotage anyone's plans just an alternative route.

Brackla - Coity - Bryncethin - Sarn - Park Slip - A48 - Water Street- Porthcawl - West Park Drive - around the sea front - Three Steps Hill - A48 - New Inn Rd - Ewenny - Ogmore By Sea onto the Wick Road - Marcross - Llantwit Major Cafe stop.

Weather looks overcast but dry. Doesn't look like I'll be road testing the new club rain cape quite yet. Should be 45 - 50 miles all welcome see you at 9am

« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 07:51:16 AM by Paul Longthorn »

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers 29th June. 2014
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 07:36:41 PM »
Time's a factor for me too Paul, so I'll join you on your ride.

Mark P

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers 29th June. 2014
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 08:20:12 PM »
Ditto!!

Paul Longthorn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 330
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers 29th June. 2014
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 02:18:36 PM »
Great turnout today with the Amblers. We rode the posted route but split into two groups.
Group 1

Mark Rosser
Chris Goodwin
Bowen
Jonathan Spink
Gary Trembet
Ben North
Paul N
Roy

Group 2

Carrie
Louise
Kate
Tom
Paul L
Pete Philips
Mark Pope
Terry

Sorry I must have missed someone. Please let me know if it's you .
Worked really well with the split we all met at the Velo Cafe. 57 Miles for me.


« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 03:00:24 PM by Paul Longthorn »

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers 29th June. 2014
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 02:23:23 PM »
Yes great ride and just missed the rain!I have just been given an official reprimand by Sarah for telling her we had a record number of ladiies out this morning-apparently the word ladies is no longer politically correct!Whatever they were it was very good to see so many of them!

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers 29th June. 2014
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 02:51:58 PM »
Females.

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers 29th June. 2014
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 03:03:33 PM »
Yes apparently in Local Government that is the correct terminology.(I'm saying no more in case I get in more trouble!)

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers 29th June. 2014
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 03:17:33 PM »
Using ladies and gentlemen is perjorative and expresses a value judgement towards the individual / group concerned..So I am told.
Recently updated my equality and diversity training.

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers 29th June. 2014
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2014, 03:39:33 PM »
There are people staving in this World.

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers 29th June. 2014
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 03:50:14 PM »
Chris-the NHS is obviously like Local Gov.In fairness to S(not tat I like to be fair!) I should perhaps say that her personal view echoes Ron's but obviously in her professional role she wouldn't be allowed to say that!

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers 29th June. 2014
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 05:48:58 PM »
Great ride this morning. I felt really good considering I shattered at least 6 Strava Segment records! It was my first time using Strava on my new Android phone and I forgot to stop Strava when I finished the ride. Hence my average speed back from Brackla to Barry was quite impressive. When I learn how to delete or discard the ride I will. 54.6 actual miles for me, slightly more on Strava!! ;D