Senni valley - wow what a place. Saved us today being surprisingly sheltered by hills to west and east (probably a killer with a northerly or southerly wind mind). Other than a tour of the black mountains sportive yonks ago I have completely overlooked this area until now. Dramatic climbs, long and safe descents and stunning scenery!
Suggestion for a future club run - up a4054 and a470 storey arms and down via defynog. Coffee at sennybridge cafe. Then head back through senni valley. Option to add rhigos and bwlch on return if feeling frisky. Can't be more than 80 miles so doable in a morning.
Great report Andy. Did I mention it was exactly 3 hours until we faced a headwind, It then took just 1 hour and 10 mins for said headwind to murder us all, between llangradog and sennybridge. We never had any more tail wind for the remainder of the ride but the wind was kinder to us than I feared it might be once we turned south.
Thanks both for enticing me from wasting my time driving to a TT I had entered in Herefordshire today... 3 hours in the car and an unsatisfactory couple of minutes over an hour of riding would have been the predictable outcome!