Only a pacers ride today, consisting of Paul, Nigel, Rob, Mark, Angelo and I. I knew the route would be hard, so as it was dry, the best bike came out to give me every advantage possible. The first half of the ride was a climbfest, with Smilog, Tonypandy , Penrhys and Maerdy. I definitely would not want to live in Penrhys as every ride you do would end with a massive climb! Angelo was showing his hill-climbing talent and Mark was helping him improve his descending as he has some road races coming up!
Through Aberdare and a coffee stop at McDonalds, who, bizzarely, had run out of doughnuts! Although the route back from here was flat, it was into the teeth of a headwind and Mark did a massive turn along Harbour Way to keep the average up. Angelo was now feeling the effects of his early hill- climbing prowess.
A good route on a great day. Off now to clean the best bike with cotton buds and acetone!