Author Topic: Tour of the Black Mountain  (Read 4215 times)

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Tour of the Black Mountain
« on: September 20, 2020, 03:19:24 PM »
Six was indeed the magic number today;
Dave,Paul, Nigel, Mark, Rob and I. We set off via Port Talbot and Neath where we picked up Mark Ellis and Daniel briefly. Then over to Ystradgynlais with the first stop at 40 miles at Craig y Nos. Off again into a troublesome headwind and into unchartered territory for me. Some beautiful riding over the moors and into Carmarthenshire. I fully expected the coast to appear on the left hand side! It was great to see the Red Kites circling above although I suspect they thought I was going to keel over and give them a free meal.
Some ups and downs and then onto the climb of the Black Mountain. Over the top and a second coffee stop at Neath at 80miles. I don't think we passed any coffee shops in the meantime so the 40 mile stop was a good choice. Back through Port Talbot with a bit of a tailwind and just over 100 miles in the bank by the time we got back, with over 6,000ft of climbing and an average over 17mph.
Thanks to Dave for organising a great day out!

Dave W

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 626
    • View Profile
Re: Tour of the Black Mountain
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 04:17:01 PM »
Thanks. Good ride today. Next week will be a little shorter :D