Author Topic: Bike Fix Session. Friday 31st January  (Read 4995 times)

traine

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 254
    • View Profile
Bike Fix Session. Friday 31st January
« on: January 27, 2014, 07:57:20 PM »
Club Coach Chris Tasker and ex-member Mark Stockford (wheelbuilder) have agreed to come along this next Friday to fix any clubmans bike or teach them how to do it themselves. This is really a self help session with all members able to contribute their expertise to help others adjust, repair or amend their bikes for optimum performance.

I am taking a Jeff Bruce which I have part built and will be fitting brake levers, cables to brakes and gears and taping the bars. I am also taking my fixie road bike rear wheel to be trued.

Work stands will be available and Mark has a wheel jig.

Bring along your problem and see if it can be sorted. If you have the new parts make sure you bring them with your bike

Please do not expect your chain to be cleaned but we can show you how to take it off and clean it yourself then put it back on. Simple stuff too, like fitting new tyres or repairing punctures.

See you there

Tim

sianharris50

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Bike Fix Session. Friday 31st January
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 05:38:47 PM »
Now Tim I do need my chain cleaned apparently, says Ron, this may be simple to you but not to me so I will come along for a learning lesson if that's okay. :-\

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: Bike Fix Session. Friday 31st January
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 08:11:32 AM »
Sian, I will clean your chain just bring the bike around the house. See you Sunday for the 25ers club run.

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Bike Fix Session. Friday 31st January
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 09:16:58 AM »
Does thyat offer apply to anyone Ron?When shall I drop my bike around-actually it would be easier for me if you collected it

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: Bike Fix Session. Friday 31st January
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 04:32:40 PM »
Tom. If you live closer than Sian I will do you a full service.

sianharris50

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Bike Fix Session. Friday 31st January
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 04:34:32 PM »
Thank you Ron your a gent. :)

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: Bike Fix Session. Friday 31st January
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 04:37:55 PM »
Shimano Ultegra 6600 brakes. Strip down and maintain, does anyone have the tool that fits No 3 bolt

http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/te...9830611830.pdf
I have allen keys and star bits, I will bring offending part to club tonight.