Author Topic: Chaser's Ride - Sunday 2 April  (Read 3649 times)

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Chaser's Ride - Sunday 2 April
« on: April 01, 2017, 11:36:26 AM »
I'm off to France for a week tomorrow afternoon so I won't be out tomorrow. Hopefully one of the old sweats who doesn't fancy Harpo's hill fest will post a route. I should be back out next weekend.


Mark

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Chaser's Ride - Sunday 2 April
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 06:28:05 PM »
We could do same as amblers but go down Afan valley or go down to port talbot and up the Afan valley bwlch llangeinor tondu and parc slip ? Problem is you Majorcan mountain goats will have to wait at top of bwlch for me !

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Chaser's Ride - Sunday 2 April
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 07:24:36 PM »
Yes I was thinking of up from the Port Talbot side Mal-decide in the morning no doubt

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Chaser's Ride - Sunday 2 April
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 01:37:48 PM »
OVW Bwllchfest today-The Amblers went over from Treorchy side,I believe the Pacers went from Nantymoel and 8 Chasers set off for Port Talbot and the Afan side.We were
Mal
Terry
Neil
Mike
Steve
me
Jonathan(I think apols if not!)
and New rider Matty.
Unfortunately Matty had the misfortune to puncture at Pyle when riding at the back with Steve.I went back and helped with technical stuff like pointing out the new tube wasn't inflating as the valve was closed. By the time we were sorted the others were long gone but the 3 of us did the planned route,passing the Amblers going the other way on the top.It wasn't till that point that I realised that Matty who'd only bought his nice carbon Boardman 2 days before was riding in trainers and shimano pedals(no cleats)-if you can ride up the Bwllch that well you'll fly with the proper shoes etc!
There was a Sportif over the Bwllch and 1 Oggie was climbing as we descended(possibly Andy??) and we all got back in plenty of time to watch Luke win the TdF.
Hope to see you again soon Matty!

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Chaser's Ride - Sunday 2 April
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 03:32:41 PM »
Well done tom and sorry we lost you but glad you did the whole route we went over llangeinor and straight down main road to bryngarw  for coffee if matty gets shoes and mike brings his new road bike out I'm off to the amblers    mike was like a mountain goat on speed up the bwlch Neil and Terry were very strong Too with Jonathan just behind and me bringing up the rear !

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: Chaser's Ride - Sunday 2 April
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 05:24:50 PM »
Losing Tom seems to be the thing lately, thought you were all a little spread out climbing the Bwlch though. Nice to see so many out.