Ominous arriving at Brackla this morning and seeing the 'A' team waiting!
Out today were:-
Mark R
Steve C
TS Steve
Haydn
Dave W
Reece
John E
Paul
Greg
Terry
Nigel
and me
Decent pace out through Pencoed and Llanharan, only because I was sitting on the front as a 'stopper', picked up Simon at Llantrisant and onward to little leg loosener that is Church Road up to Pentyrch. Terry misheard a shoutout and went off course at this point, managing to ride part of the route in reverse to meet us in Machen. (good boy scout skills).
Climb up to Caerphilly mountain saw the usual 'selection' and at the top TS Steve and Haydn turned for home. Quick descent into and out of Caerphilly to climb up to Rudry before descending to pick up the road to Machen and coffee stop at Basil & Rusty's. Took a new route from cafe via Waterloo and back up to Rudry, this caused confusion with the lead group who went the wrong way at the top and did another loop via Machen. ( what was I saying about boy scouts!)
Mark, Greg and I dropped down into Caerphilly and home via Radyr, PSE and the lanes. As much as i tried, couldn't hold on to Greg and Mark so ambled home solo.
I'm away next weekend so see you 22nd