Author Topic: RELIABILITY RIDES  (Read 4903 times)

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
RELIABILITY RIDES
« on: December 09, 2013, 08:14:24 AM »
These rides of 50 and 60 miles take part in the spring, because of the growing number of newer members do we need a 25 in 2 hours?
Next, will the courses change from last year and if so who is setting the courses and cafe for the finish.

traine

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 254
    • View Profile
Re: RELIABILITY RIDES
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 07:59:27 PM »
Ron

You know we have both a Club Captain and a Club Vice Captain whose job description includes organising the Reliability Rides.

I am sure Paul will post soon enough on the questions you ask. An e-mail to him would prompt him, if you think the newbies need to know now, in order to target their training

Tim

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: RELIABILITY RIDES
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 08:20:31 PM »
I'll get in touch with Paul and arrange to meet and discuss options.

Paul I will pm you my email/mobile details

Paul Longthorn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 330
    • View Profile
Re: RELIABILITY RIDES
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 09:31:28 PM »
I think you make a good point there Ron
I would like to hear from anyone who would show an interest in a reliability ride 25 mile series.

Please post with your thoughts and let me know if this is for you.

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: RELIABILITY RIDES
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 11:01:52 AM »
While on a Sunday ride with the Amblers the conversation was about what the Club does, I mentioned Reliability rides and the club TT,s. Just thought I would try to increase participation in next years events. We now have three groups at the evening chain gang, are all these riders capable of riding  a 50. Some get isolated or dropped which can mean a lonely ride for someone especially if they are not familiar with the course. Setting a course early would enable riders to practice or even ride parts of the course. Some got lost on last years 60.

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: RELIABILITY RIDES
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 12:33:20 PM »
To find details of the 2013 reliability rides click on "ON YOUR BIKE" on the main OVW page plus all the rules.