I thought it may be useful to re-state the rules of chaingang. Not quite the Velominati, but here goes..
Your safety and that of your colleagues is the number one priority.
This means if you are on the front, you call each corner or roundabout with 'Wait' or 'Clear'. The rest will follow your instruction.
The objective is for everyone to be equally knackered at the end.
If you are fitter than the rest, do longer ( not faster ) turns, preferably into the wind. It's the best way to get kudos!
It is not a race.
However, it is acceptable to try and sprint with 500m to go, if you have contributed fully.
If you are not fit enough, say so.
The guys who have been doing this week in, week out will not wait. Better to try to find someone of similar ability and get a more consistent workout. I can help with that.
This list is not exhaustive, if I've missed anything, let me know.