Author Topic: Ambler's Sunday 11 January  (Read 9818 times)

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: Ambler's Sunday 11 January
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2015, 07:00:30 PM »
We will have to discus this new trend we seem to have slip to at the next meeting, Saturdays were always  the training ride and Sunday was the "Social" ride. last year the Amblers dropped 2 new riders while going over the Bwlch in Feb and I was informed at the meeting that this would not happen again. If we want to ride at a higher speed on Amblers rides "18mph" then we must change our web site info. There was a new member at the Club on Friday, will she be welcomed and allowed to ride, or dropped at Park St? Club members who wish to go at 18 + mph should go with the Pacers. At the moment we have a good intake of members but we are also losing riders who have paid their money and been left behind. Two smaller groups would also be more traffic friendly.

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Ambler's Sunday 11 January
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2015, 07:17:24 PM »
Wish I could have managed 18mph today  :P...I reckon the wind must have picked up on the return for you pacing amblers  ;)

traine

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 254
    • View Profile
Re: Ambler's Sunday 11 January
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2015, 08:13:55 PM »
Hey Amblers. I definitely will not be joining any of your winter rides ! 18.3 mph ! ! !

Please re-classify yourselves as winter racers

I shall ride on my own at 14 mph maximum average

Tim

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Ambler's Sunday 11 January
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2015, 08:33:53 PM »
Just to note that the 18.3mph average speed refers to my ride (I was surprised as I had no device showing my stats), I have an additional 26 miles (13 miles to the club run and 13 miles return) to ride on top of the posted route.

To give some more info I've just taken a look at Mark P's ride, Mark was with the group behind the Pacers/Faster Amblers Group on the return to Bridgend and this was at 15.9mph average speed.

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Ambler's Sunday 11 January
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2015, 10:29:52 PM »
Yes I wondered about that as I noticed Paul's ave on strava was about 16MPH-fear not Tim that was on a good fast route-be normal 15 MPH in the lanes

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Ambler's Sunday 11 January
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2015, 07:35:48 AM »
^^Indeed^^

A fairly flat route (mostly on the return) with a good tail wind from Swansea to Bridgend, so we would have seen most riders pace increase during this section.

So not Normal  :)

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: Ambler's Sunday 11 January
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2015, 12:45:45 PM »
Jason's right about the average speed. The Amblers' have only averaged more than 16mph once in the last 6 months (last Sunday excepting for some). However, I admit that depending on the route, conditions and who's riding, we have been known to bowl along at fast (ish) speeds for a couple of miles before the referee brings out the Yellow card.

Mark

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Ambler's Sunday 11 January
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2015, 07:10:15 PM »
Must have been going pretty quick to drop rocket Ron though!